• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grading Methods

Reaction score
I wanna know how exactly they give us grades. Obviously we know that 90% is A*, 80 is A and so on.

But in the May/June papers, I saw the "gt" thing with the papers and marking schemes and they had a different grading system written there?
Is it that they see how difficult the paper is and grade accordingly?

Reaction score
they construct a grade threshold and give marks according to that... then the percentiles are calculated. 90% means ur marks were more than 90% of the students!

Reaction score
Hope this helps. =)

Attachments

• CIE Grading.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 195
Reaction score
^No. This has already been made quite clear in earlier posts, too.

Reaction score
Thank you.

They really like complications but glad to see they try and grade fairly.
So if I attempted a horrible history paper that would eran me 55-60 marks but I manage a 68+ geography paper, it's likely that I'll escape a B?

Reaction score
Its quite clear that 80-89 is an A and 90 onward :friends: is an A* but the percentile system helps to lower the grading system as far as the total marks are concerned>>>>>GO SEE A GRADE THRESHOLD

Reaction score
Cant i even get grade thresholds for stats
I heard Cambridge University does publish them but they are only available on the teachers support website.
Surely some teacher must have showed their students the grade boundaries.