• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grade thresholds,pak st and isl...Now?

Reaction score
Salam
I have heard frm some of my pals in fb tht grd thresholds in pak.st and isl have been expected to be lower than b4....i mean,it is only 10 days after exams and thresholds r already given guesses.Any of u,do comment according to wht u have think/heard/experienced/learned of.

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the grade thresholds but marking is expected to be more lenient.

Reaction score
well,marking is not lenient .just found that from CIE official facebook page.

Reaction score
:)
Salam
I have heard frm some of my pals in fb tht grd thresholds in pak.st and isl have been expected to be lower than b4....i mean,it is only 10 days after exams and thresholds r already given guesses.Any of u,do comment according to wht u have think/heard/experienced/learned of.
okay i knw this sounds stupid but....what ARE grd thresholds?? hav heard a lot of ppl talkin bout 'em but dont hav a clue on wat they actually r....iss se pahlay ke meri aur beizzati ho jaee...koi mujhay plz bata dey:)

Reaction score
:)
okay i knw this sounds stupid but....what ARE grd thresholds?? hav heard a lot of ppl talkin bout 'em but dont hav a clue on wat they actually r....iss se pahlay ke meri aur beizzati ho jaee...koi mujhay plz bata dey:)

don worry yar,i say a daring step..heck i dont even know how to tag ppl in this site...grd thresholds...basically when they check our papers ,they come up with a percentage or estimation(in % age) of students who scored abv 90 and 80 and so on.if for wxample in a certain year,there,s a disaster for all students and they score badly and only few,relative to standard number of students(derived frm the many previous years)score abv 90 they may bring the A* to 85+ and the opposite is also true.The marking will be per the mark scheme ,no leniency or whtsoever in tht however of course ur finally GRADE may be different..Got this now

Reaction score
don worry yar,i say a daring step..heck i dont even know how to tag ppl in this site...grd thresholds...basically when they check our papers ,they come up with a percentage or estimation(in % age) of students who scored abv 90 and 80 and so on.if for wxample in a certain year,there,s a disaster for all students and they score badly and only few,relative to standard number of students(derived frm the many previous years)score abv 90 they may bring the A* to 85+ and the opposite is also true.The marking will be per the mark scheme ,no leniency or whtsoever in tht however of course ur finally GRADE may be different..Got this now
ohhhh..i get it..thnx:)

Reaction score
the grade threshold will be lower cuz
1: most of the students did not study at all it is true that it was easy but still they had forgotten most of the things
2: most of the students gave away their notes which contained small notes on how to tackle possible question so in the exam they were not able to do so
3: the references were also forgotten by many students, and a level 4 answer is achieved with really good knowledge and quotations
4: students had to study for boh pak studies adn Islamiyat, so that is really a burden. some students cud not even finish the syllabus
5: some students were just too lazy to study
now all these affects ur result, as the students had forgotten most of the syllabus and thus their grades will become lower over all affecting the %age threshold.
however the only solution is to make full use of Ramadan to avail Allah's Blessing and to beg for Forgiveness

Reaction score
yup they cud be checking even as we speak...May Allah grant us Rahmah in this month,(not speaking particularly abt the papers)

Reaction score
I don't know whether it will be lowered or not but I read in dawn news that Cie member said that they will check according to relative marking(means checking both paper and than giving grades!!)

Reaction score
I don't know whether it will be lowered or not but I read in dawn news that Cie member said that they will check according to relative marking(means checking both paper and than giving grades!!)

So if we got better marks in the previous paper? Will they give me those marks?

Reaction score
no its like they will compare both like previously if one have b in geo and A* in hist so the result of pak std will be A!! so hopefully they will consider both paper and gave it neurtrally!!