• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grade Thresholds for may/june 2012

Reaction score
i wanted to know that do v have an A at 85 in sciences for this may/june session 2012??..and an A* at 90??

Reaction score
ummm..... i think that we are getting an A at 80% and an A* (=D) at 90% because marks are harder achieved now because of the omission of percentile. correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
yes its true A at 80 nd A* at 90
percentile is still there nd for arts subjects A is at 85 nd A* at 95

Reaction score
80 % - A
90% - A*

For Minor subjects ( PSt , Isl and Urdu )
85% -A
95% - A*

but these can vary according to the percentile set by the examination .
how do u know that its written in the syllabus that A* for islmaiyat and paks tudies is at 90%

Reaction score
how do u know that its written in the syllabus that A* for islmaiyat and paks tudies is at 90%

Thresholds are only known to the examiners .The ones are in the syllabus are ''assumptious'' , so candidates have a general idea of the boundaries . They aren't definite! Grade Thresholds can always change.

Reaction score
but i heard that percentile is removed and that is why they have moved grade A to 80% and introduced A*..... gosh!! the cie thingy is soooooooooo confusing!!=/:sick:

Reaction score
i wanted to know that do v have an A at 85 in sciences for this may/june session 2012??..and an A* at 90??
see the last page of syllabus of every subject. they tell it all without confusing u :p

Reaction score
Percentile is still there. Moreover CIE never publishes the grade boundaries for O levels. Just do your best and leave the grading to the examiner. :)

Reaction score
Percentile is Still There!!!! A is at 80 and A* is at 90 As SAID in Syllabus of All Subjects BUT the Marking of CIE is only known by The Examiner and know one knows how they Give marks !!!

Reaction score
Grade thresholds, given on the last page of the respective syllabus, give an idea of the grade boundaries however as percentile is still present these boundaries vary with each examination session. :)

Reaction score
Grade thresholds, given on the last page of the respective syllabus, give an idea of the grade boundaries however as percentile is still present these boundaries vary with each examination session. :)
Egg-xactl-e

Reaction score
A is at 80 and A* at 90, but when we go for equalization with the matric or FSc boards, there they count our As at 85 and A*s at 90. In simple, if we get above 80 (after percentile is applied) we get and A but in the equalization they count our A as 85 percent.

Reaction score
Listen guys, the percentile is still there. The unifrom percentage you see in your syllabus i-e 80% A, 90% A* has nothing to do with your grades. Cambridge has a really complex formula to calculate your grade (its a whole one page formula, i have seen it myself).

Reaction score
A is at 80 and A* at 90, but when we go for equalization with the matric or FSc boards, there they count our As at 85 and A*s at 90. In simple, if we get above 80 (after percentile is applied) we get and A but in the equalization they count our A as 85 percent.
thanx..:)

Reaction score
you know what it all depends on the examiners. and i also think that the grading system varies from department to department. I mean the grading system of biology department maybe different from the chemistry departments. but thats just a hunch. there is no conformity about any of the stuff posted above.,