• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Grade Help? AS to A2

Reaction score
(2014)I got D in As Chemistry and E in AS physics...i hope to carry my grades to A2 instead of retaking,can i make my D to B n E to C in A2 overall?
How much can a As grade rise if i do really well in A2 ?
Please share your experience?

huh

Reaction score
To calculate your grade:

X + Y
------- = Your overall A Level percentage.

X = AS Level Percentage
Y = A2 Level Percentage

Taking Chemistry for example:
So if you got 55% in AS Level (X Value), if you want a B (70%), then you solve for Y which is 85%, so you need to get overall 85% in the A2 Papers to get the B grade.
I recommend you repeat AS with A2 Level, that is if you're quite confident that you're going to do better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanx mate,i quite am...i was jus wondering if it is possible? Can my A2 actually rise my grades.

Reactions: huh

huh

Reaction score
Thanx mate,i quite am...i was jus wondering if it is possible? Can my A2 actually rise my grades.
Yep, you can raise your grade up, just use the formula I wrote above, you can get a B for Chemistry but you have to work hard buddy. Same thing for Physics.

Reaction score
(2014)I got D in As Chemistry and E in AS physics...i hope to carry my grades to A2 instead of retaking,can i make my D to B n E to C in A2 overall?
How much can a As grade rise if i do really well in A2 ?
Please share your experience?
i think you should retake physics and continue with chemistry... its easy to improve grade in chemistry but hard in physics...

Reaction score
Yep, you can raise your grade up, just use the formula I wrote above, you can get a B for Chemistry but you have to work hard buddy. Same thing for Physics.
Thanx...:) :)
i think you should retake physics and continue with chemistry... its easy to improve grade in chemistry but hard in physics...
well...the thing wid me is...i gave my complete A level in may/june and ended up wid B in BIO,C n E in AS n A2 was unclear...so i dont wana take the risk of giving whole physics again...jus wanted to know if any1 ever changed their AS.... E grade to C max...thanx 4 ur reply

Reaction score
Thanx...:) :)

well...the thing wid me is...i gave my complete A level in may/june and ended up wid B in BIO,C n E in AS n A2 was unclear...so i dont wana take the risk of giving whole physics again...jus wanted to know if any1 ever changed their AS.... E grade to C max...thanx 4 ur reply
hmm... ok if u think that u can work hard then u should go for it(y) i geve my AS in previous june and got c in physics and same is the case with me i'm afraid of retaking the exam:LOL:

Reaction score
hmm... ok if u think that u can work hard then u should go for it(y) i geve my AS in previous june and got c in physics and same is the case with me i'm afraid of retaking the exam:LOL:
however its possible to improve ur grade two steps up... but keep one thing in mind, u dont have to work for it u have to strive for it!! best of luck :)

Reaction score
Hey so sorry to interrupt your thread bro but I wanna ask something. I got 69 for Chem AS but I really screwed my p4... I think I'll only get ard 10-15 out of 100... Is it possible to get a D?

Reaction score
Hey so sorry to interrupt your thread bro but I wanna ask something. I got 69 for Chem AS but I really screwed my p4... I think I'll only get ard 10-15 out of 100... Is it possible to get a D?
well man,how do you know u got 69(or 69%) for AS ?
n yup according to my experience...ur grades count most on AS p2 n A2 P4 as they have the highest % ...b glad if u end up wid an E :/

Reaction score
I have seen guys with B in AS and getting A* in A Levels but let me tell you they nail P4 and P5 means they are dead sure they score 90-100% in A2 which makes there overall grade shift to A*. And also seen many friends with A's in AS and ending up with B's or C's in A Levels because they think they have st A's in as so they gonna make st A's or st A*'s in A levels. So its pretty much possible but for your grades i'll advice to retake AS and then give A2 else you can give composite in MJ'15. Best of luck.

Reaction score

If you have 69 marks in AS and lets say 15 in p4 and 10 in p5 then the total is 69+15+10= 84
84/270 * 100= 31.1% that makes U if examiner is good enough then you may get E.
For A grade in Phy or Chem you need atleast 85 marks in AS and 90 in A2 that makes total of 175 which is A grade in A Levels for A* you need 190+ in A levels.