• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Going to medical university at 17

Reaction score
hey,
i wanted to know ure opinion on if i should complete my full alevels (year 13 ) or go to uni this year as i have already been accepted by a uni. I will be 17 and a half when i start the course. do u think that is still young. So basically do i go to uni this year or next year?

Thanks

Reaction score
hey,
i wanted to know ure opinion on if i should complete my full alevels (year 13 ) or go to uni this year as i have already been accepted by a uni. I will be 17 and a half when i start the course. do u think that is still young. So basically do i go to uni this year or next year?

Thanks
Honestly, if you go after completing A2, you will find the first year extremely easy as many things will be repeated. A2 is harder and in my opinion I wasted a year =/
@Age.. That IS young for medical school, but I hope it wont be an issue... cuz I'm the same age and going to uni too :oops:
My opinion - Go now if you have the admisssion. Don't leave the chance and A2 is a lot of stress and hardwork that gives little returns. (That's my point of you :) Other's may think differently though. I suggest you ask first year medicine students, they'll help you better ^^)

Reaction score
Honestly, if you go after completing A2, you will find the first year extremely easy as many things will be repeated. A2 is harder and in my opinion I wasted a year =/
@Age.. That IS young for medical school, but I hope it wont be an issue... cuz I'm the same age and going to uni too :oops:
My opinion - Go now if you have the admisssion. Don't leave the chance and A2 is a lot of stress and hardwork that gives little returns. (That's my point of you :) Other's may think differently though. I suggest you ask first year medicine students, they'll help you better ^^)
thx i have already been accepted my a uni in Poland, and i asked most of my friends opinions and most said not to skip the chance. Are u also studying medicine, and finished year 13? which uni are u going?:). What really makes me hesitate is my age cause i wont be able to socialize easily, thats my main concern and i am sure the academic part wont be a problem. I am just waiting for my results :( then will make my decision.

Thanks for ure reply (y)

Reaction score
thx i have already been accepted my a uni in Poland, and i asked most of my friends opinions and most said not to skip the chance. Are u also studying medicine, and finished year 13? which uni are u going?:). What really makes me hesitate is my age cause i wont be able to socialize easily, thats my main concern and i am sure the academic part wont be a problem. I am just waiting for my results :( then will make my decision.

Thanks for ure reply (y)
Oh! Congrats :D Yes I've finished A2 but I completed it in 12 years :p I'm going to DMC Dubai ;)
Same here... in my uni, everyone is 18 or 19... I'm afraid I'll have that issue too... besides I'm not so good with socializing neway :oops:
Ahan! All the best :D I'm sure you'll get them awesome :D

My pleasure ^_^