• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Going to medical uni, VOTE

Do i go to medical uni this year or next year considering everything i wrote?

• Total voters
Reaction score
hey,
i wanted to know ure opinion on if i should complete my full alevels (year 13 ) or go to uni this year as i have already been accepted by a uni. I will be 17 and a half when i start the course. do u think that is still young. So basically do i go to uni this year or next year? and also my sis is going same uni :( same year

Thanks

Reaction score
Why do you care what some idiots on an internet forum think? Decide for yourself.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
^ Haha trolled!

Complete your A-level first, then go for it.

Reaction score
^ Haha trolled!

Complete your A-level first, then go for it.
but i already got accepted to the uni, is it worth risking not getting admission next year to the same uni, cause i heard competition next year will increase.

Reaction score
Yes, you're exactly right. I am an idiot. I have absolutely no idea whether going to University now is a good/bad idea for you, and nor does anyone else on this forum. Only you know.

PS. Oh, and if you're going to a medical school with just AS grades, it must be a pretty bad medical school. Students who go to any decent medical schools usually take 4 A-Levels and are predicted at LEAST two A*'s.

Reaction score
Yes, you're exactly right. I am an idiot. I have absolutely no idea whether going to University now is a good/bad idea for you, and nor does anyone else on this forum. Only you know.
PS. Oh, and if you're going to a medical school with just AS grades, it must be a pretty bad medical school. Students who go to any decent medical schools usually take 4 A-Levels and are predicted at LEAST two A*'s.

haha you got trolled! :) anyway i got high grades in my igcse that the university accepted me i too was shocked when i found out i was accepted, and PS I asked for YOUR opinion that does not have anything to do with what i think is best for me!

Reaction score
Yeah, totally trolled... Um, anyway. What University is this? Any University which accepts people on IGCSE grades is not a real University (for medicine). If you want to go to a good medical school (eg Oxford) you NEED 4 A-Levels.

PS. I got 12 A*'s at IGCSE, and I know for a fact that no University worth going to would accept me purely based on my IGCSEs.