• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Going from IGCSE to American school?

Reaction score
So I have a massive problem.

I won a scholarship to my dream international IB school in the states, and planned on attending it after my igcses, which I did really well on. Unfortunately I am now unable to go because my family are worried about me leaving them (it's a boarding school).
When I went to see other schools here in America (after finishing my igcses in Sudan) I was told that it would be impossible for me to go to eleventh grade to do the IB, because I've already done "year eleven". I explained that Year eleven is the equivalent of American tenth grade, but apparently I'm stuck.

What on earth should I do? I'm really worried and school should start soon, help!

Reaction score
Well IGCSE's are naturally done in the 10th grade so i wouldn't see any problem talk to the school again, just keep pressing I don't think there are any rules around this, if you're born in 1996 then you should be going to the 11th grade moreover if you're family cared about you're higher education they will stop at nothing you already did you're job let the school and them do theirs you can take a certificate of proof that you have completed only 10 yrs of schooling from you're school in sudan anyways, you need someone who knows the american system well, anyways Good luck and well done :)