• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Getting an A* in Mathematics. Possible?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got my AS results recently and I got an 87 (in percentile) for Mathematics. I don't know my component grades or raw marks yet but I was wondering : if I work hard and practice consistently for A2, do I stand a chance in getting an A*?

Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got my AS results recently and I got an 87 (in percentile) for Mathematics. I don't know my component grades or raw marks yet but I was wondering : if I work hard and practice consistently for A2, do I stand a chance in getting an A*?

Thanks a lot in advance. :)
Definitely! Since you already have an A in your AS maths, you're like 60% away from a possible A*. Just keep working hard and do not relax or think that you would definitely get an A in A2 too.

Reaction score
Definitely! Since you already have an A in your AS maths, you're like 60% away from a possible A*. Just keep working hard and do not relax or think that you would definitely get an A in A2 too.
Got B in As level math (76 b) can I aim for an A in A2?
I usually get 68/75 in p3 and 40/50 in p7.