• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Geography Paper 2

Reaction score
in paper 2 the first question with a map! Do we get the key symbols with it or should i revise. Also if i have to revise should i revise OS maps survey symbols ?

Reaction score
in paper 2 the first question with a map! Do we get the key symbols with it or should i revise. Also if i have to revise should i revise OS maps survey symbols ?
you dont need to memorise the symbols a key will be given with the map they give you

Reaction score
Paper 2:

Paper 2 is The Easiest Of All Papers. It Requires Skills such as knowing how to plot graphs, read maps, draw cross sections, plot employment structure points and interpret correlation between things on graphs for ex.

I suggest you have a general idea of how the symbols on the ordanance map look like so it saves up time. BTW There Is A Book Called Map Skills Geography For IGCSE. It is by Nelson Thornes And Is Really Good. If You Have Time Check Your Local Bookstore For It.

Go Through The Book Once several days before the exam because the questions could be about anything. G

Go to bed EARLY. My teacher told me to do this because if you sleep late you won't be able to concentrate.

Don't Spend Too Much Time Revising, Go Through Past Papers To Get A Solid Idea of how the questions are structured!

i Suggest That You Finish All The Questions Proceeding The 1st Map question, as it takes alot of time to find the things on the map.

Here is a site for tips for paper 2: http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE and GCSE Geography Skills (Paper 2) and http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE Geography Paper 2

Reaction score
Paper 2:

Paper 2 is The Easiest Of All Papers. It Requires Skills such as knowing how to plot graphs, read maps, draw cross sections, plot employment structure points and interpret correlation between things on graphs for ex.

I suggest you have a general idea of how the symbols on the ordanance map look like so it saves up time. BTW There Is A Book Called Map Skills Geography For IGCSE. It is by Nelson Thornes And Is Really Good. If You Have Time Check Your Local Bookstore For It.

Go Through The Book Once several days before the exam because the questions could be about anything. G

Go to bed EARLY. My teacher told me to do this because if you sleep late you won't be able to concentrate.

Don't Spend Too Much Time Revising, Go Through Past Papers To Get A Solid Idea of how the questions are structured!

i Suggest That You Finish All The Questions Proceeding The 1st Map question, as it takes alot of time to find the things on the map.

Here is a site for tips for paper 2: http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE and GCSE Geography Skills (Paper 2) and http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE Geography Paper 2
how can i describe coastal features in a photograph ? and what is the difference between spits , bars and bays? and from where to get OS maps for pastpapers.. help please

Reaction score
Guys do you have any kind of notes for geography paper 2? thank you

Reaction score
Paper 2:

I am stuck with plate tectonics what should i do?

Reaction score
2007 Oct/ Nov Q 2 part c
for q2 part c , we have to complete table . so when the temp range is 11 degree C , u should see the curves of each weather station in fig 3 for faraday, its between 1 and -10 so( 1--10=11) and for halley its between -5 and 28 so(-5+28=23) and vostok lies near contour lines 3000 and 4000 m ( which represents height )
and plate tectonics in p2 they usually give figures ad ask u to know what type of margin occuring ( constructive,destructive ,collision zone or conservative) and how it happens ,,i dont think they will go deeper than this in paper2 :)

Reaction score
for q2 part c , we have to complete table . so when the temp range is 11 degree C , u should see the curves of each weather station in fig 3 for faraday, its between 1 and -10 so( 1--10=11) and for halley its between -5 and 28 so(-5+28=23) and vostok lies near contour lines 3000 and 4000 m ( which represents height )
and plate tectonics in p2 they usually give figures ad ask u to know what type of margin occuring ( constructive,destructive ,collision zone or conservative) and how it happens ,,i dont think they will go deeper than this in paper2 :)
thank you so much

Reaction score
could you please summarize them to me. i dont get them

Reaction score
Hey people lets discuss anything that we are confused about regarding this paper.
Hey, could you please explain to me why a river with many tributaries has a high discharge? (Is it because there is less space for the water in each tributary? *confused*)

Reaction score
could you please summarize them to me. i dont get them
there are two types of crusts: oceanic and continental
plate boundaries are 4 :- constructive : in which plates move apart from each other allowing a magma to escape and it cools to form a new land
- destructive (subduction zone) : oceanic crust move towards continental and collide with it , and the denser one (which is oceanic) will sink ,and is destroyed causing pressure and friction
- collision zone : two continental plates collide but neither could sink ( both have same density) so forced upward
conservative : plates slip sideways past each other causing shaking

see this link really useful and clear and u'll find figures which explain everything :) http://greenfieldgeography.wikispaces.com/IGCSE+Plate+Tectonics+and+GCSE+Plate+Tectonics