• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Geography paper 2

Reaction score
Hey guys I am thinking about taking geography is it that much hard, and how many papers anyone can explain to me whats exactly geography include

Reaction score
Hey guys I am thinking about taking geography is it that much hard, and how many papers anyone can explain to me whats exactly geography include
Hey.Well, Geography is a very basic subject and it requires the least studying in my opinion...Follow the questions of the syllabus and it is more than enough. I've never read the Geo book, just notes and I find myself answering questions in the past papers well.It consists of 3 papers, paper 1,2 and 4.Paper one have 6 questions, each question have one case study in the end which carries 7 marks.Out of these 6 questions, you choose the 3 questions you feel most comfortable with and answer.Secondly, paper 2 is mainly map reading whereby they test your application skills.Lastly. paper 4 is an investigation paper whereby they usually state some hypothesis and you answer the the questions with some basic general knowledge.Hope that helps you.

Reaction score
guys maybe this book can help out for p4, and if you guys have a book that you can share, please do so;)

Attachments

• ebooksclub-org__gcse_geography__instant_revision_.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
Reaction score
i already have the recommended book which is in hard copy.
and although, i knew the book was published in 2001, i still shared it because it's the only pdf book i have that i can share with you guys.
Otherwise, i agree with what you guys are saying and if you have a recommended book in pdf then please share

Reaction score
man I meant if u can give me the book name, or it's barcode
we got the Nelson Thornes New Wider World. Covers the syllabus + case studies, but if you ask me it's not worth the amount it cost

otherwise, go to CIE website and look at the books they recommend, like I said. or you could just look around on the forum, there are many people who very kindly share their IGCSE notes

Reaction score
we got the Nelson Thornes New Wider World. Covers the syllabus + case studies, but if you ask me it's not worth the amount it cost

otherwise, go to CIE website and look at the books they recommend, like I said. or you could just look around on the forum, there are many people who very kindly share their IGCSE notes
I have that book too and you're absolutely right...Besides, having good Geo notesd is sufficient to understand everything and do well.

Reaction score
i guess you guys are right good notes are sufficient enough for us to get A* in geography. By the way, can someone tell me how to answer the 7 marks question to get full marks from it.
Reply soon guys

Reaction score
i guess you guys are right good notes are sufficient enough for us to get A* in geography. By the way, can someone tell me how to answer the 7 marks question to get full marks from it.
Reply soon guys
in the question, you must state the country you're talking about, and then mention at least one other specific place within the country. otherwise, 5 marks maximum

Reaction score
in the question, you must state the country you're talking about, and then mention at least one other specific place within the country. otherwise, 5 marks maximum
what if it's got to do with population control like china? do you have to mention a specific place in chine that controls population growth?