• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General Paper Discussion ^^

Reaction score
Hey guys, shall we discuss here some of the topics from General Paper as we do normally in the class? So that we can share our views and informations that we have and enrich our knowledge...
Hope you all will co-operate me. :)

Reaction score
yea im sure well co-operate with but we wont co-operate you,.......................................................................................................................that was lame
im not takin GP

Reaction score
Its a gr8 idea. I have taken gp and want to continue the quest 4 knowledge.

Reaction score
anybody got some main ideas over "Is terrorism justifiable."??? i'm just not sure which side to take... :D

Reaction score
Guys it doesn't really matter whether you oppose or agree with the topic. The most important thing is how you present your arguments and how you convince the examiner/reader about your opinion with those arguments.

Reaction score
Well, the perspectives differ from person to person regarding that topic. It is your choice which side to take. Take any side where you can prove your answer through justifiable instances and reasons.

I would rather think, terrorism is unjustifiable. The main reason for that is its negative utilization. People unite regarding a topic, they establish an organization for their purpose. When the purpose isn't fulfilled, they support violent activities. Rather they could have worked for their own.
One of the instances can be Al-qaeda: Initially established by Osama Bin Laden with his supporters, to help veterans of the Afghan war, but though the war is ceased, still Al-qaeda is equally annoying to the civilians all around the world.

Reaction score
according to me,terrorism is justifiable.In general perception 'group or agency performing violent activities' is regarded as terrorism in todays context.A terrorist is marked through a general definition given by Geneva convention.But while analyzing the statement given by Geneva convention every agencies and political parties satisfies the equation of terrorist in one or other
way.So the major question to be dealt is"Whom to call a terrorist?"Do we all think USA is perfectly a humanist country?Do we agree that this country never exploits human rights?If not then what about its brutal attack over Iraq ? What about its domination to other golf nations?The only difference between USA and other terrorist groups is that it USA terrorizes in an official way.

Reaction score
terrorism is a vague thing of this human world. All are terrorist and all are nationalist. Osama-bin-laden also might have the objective to do such activities. If u r supposed to work for ur nation and make all citizen of ur country aware about the world and diplomacy or any other topics u can be the terrorist for other country. Let me verify it, when the CPN maoist of Nepal was under the war( civil war) with the government this party was taken as terrorist by the government and USA too but now when it has been established as the largest party of the country it is neither the terrorist nor any anti-country group though USA is trying to show its dominance over nepal by not removing the name of Maoist from the list of terrorist.

Reaction score
A man who is terrorist for a person or the country can be good and patriotic for other country. it just the phenomenon like darwin explained" Survival for fittest" , who is in the power makes the law and rules and defines the terrorism. if Iraq is bios with USA or any other country the if the person from Iraq blasts bomb in USA then he/she is patriotic for the Iraq and terrorist for the USA.

Don't mind guys all is I am supposing the examples. let be X.

Creation of terror is defined as terrorism but we can't rely on what is definations. What Geneva defines, what USA defines, What russia defines, what pakistan defines, what india defines and what china defines all have their own interpretation of the terrorism. and I am still confused that what is terrorism to what we are discussing. terrorism is like the cube and when u view from diffrent angles and distances u can see any shapes rectangular, parallelogram base, or any. like u see a house fly from different angles from mouth, from back, from top, from bottom. I mean terrorism is somehow justifiable and somehow unjustifiable also.

Reaction score
Thank-you guys for your co-operation. Shall we now start a new topic now? What shall be the new topic?