• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further maths Importance for foringn universities doing engneering

Reaction score
which 5 should I study for chemical and biotechnological engineering in ivy league
bio, chem, physics. math.
and
further math,OR thinking skills ,OR general paper,OR psychology

PLZ help

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a really good idea to give five major subjects but if you really want to, Further Mathematics is very superior to the others three you mentioned if you're aiming to go into the engineering field. But remember one thing that Further Mathematics is very hard so you better be knowing what you're going for.

Reaction score
Further maths is immensely rewarding, in my opinion. I suggest you go for it. :) If you set your mind to do it, you will do it.

Reaction score
first of all, dont limit urself to chemical n biotechnology as u may find smthing better once u enter in university. its good u have set a mind what u want to do but don't totally rely on them, keep some alternatives, atleast 1 more career, so u may not have any problem if u could not get the opportunity to take ur desired major. Now if u only want to be within engineering, i would not suggest u to take more than 5 subjects. thats just a burden as majority of universities accept u in engineering with 3 subjects which must have physics and math. even some medical fields so not make bio compulsory in a levels. so my suggested combo for u is
math, chem/bio, physics futhermath
or
math,chem,bio,physics/further

Reaction score
Take Further Maths. I had the same subjects in A'levels and they were pretty much manageable.