• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Maths discussion

Reaction score
In fact, I did it all in 4-5 months. So, I don't think my experience would be of much use)

Reaction score
How did u guys deal wid da subject? Did u give maths As and A2 in first year? Did u study m2 and s2 in first year together wid other maths components? Share ur xperience here. Sory for the interuption.

I studied the complete standard A level maths in one year and futher maths in the other. But I wrote exams in June and now in November. Like I said you should look at your workload and plan accordingly.

Reaction score
How did u guys deal wid da subject? Did u give maths As and A2 in first year? Did u study m2 and s2 in first year together wid other maths components? Share ur xperience here. Sory for the interuption.

Sanzaid, studying everything in one year under an inexperienced teacher will be a tough move. If you insist in taking this subject, you would have to double your current effort. You don't have to study the whole of M2 and S2 (that would eat more time!), you should just know the basics, like formulae etc. Let your cousin have a look at the course syllabus, so he will at least know what you have to deal with. Like what Lecom40 said, look at your workload and plan accordingly.

For pure maths, I used "Further Pure Mathematics" by Brian and Mark Gaulter. Don't know whether you have the course syllabus, so I attached it here. All the best!

Attachments

• further maths cie syllabus 2012.pdf
    558.5 KB · Views: 4