• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Heloo everyone, i have just completed my O levels and have chosen Phy,Chem,Maths, computing .....and want to opt for one other subject,I wanted to go for Further Maths but the problem is that i do not have Add Maths in my O levels, Would i be able to cope with FM if i do not have Add maths and how should i start preparing?
BTW, i love Maths :p

Reaction score
Heloo everyone, i have just completed my O levels and have chosen Phy,Chem,Maths, computing .....and want to opt for one other subject,I wanted to go for Further Maths but the problem is that i do not have Add Maths in my O levels, Would i be able to cope with FM if i do not have Add maths and how should i start preparing?
BTW, i love Maths :p
Yes, it is possible. You need to be dedicated though. I didn't take Add. Math, but did Further Math anyway. And whether or not you will be able to cope up with FM depends only on you. Haha, it's good that you love Math. FM would be horrific if you didn't. :p

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible. You need to be dedicated though. I didn't take Add. Math, but did Further Math anyway. And whether or not you will be able to cope up with FM depends only on you. Haha, it's good that you love Math. FM would be horrific if you didn't. :p
Thanks sir :p

Reaction score
i have further maths and i understand the mechanics part but not the pure maths part=(

Reaction score
Hi, need help with a mechanics problem. [2nd part, where one has to show that a = -1000x]. Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
HM.RABBI, thank you =)
But, could I ask you one question. Why didn't you take into account the weight in the second part? The marking scheme method is using Newton's second law at general point (3 terms: ma, mg, T).
Thank you in advance)

Reaction score
need some advice & help quickly!

I have decided to pick up further maths along with MAthematics, Physics, chemistry and GP.
however, my school does not offer further maths, and i will have to take tuition for further maths.
The question is: Should i give accelerated maths first year and furtjer maths the second, or simply maths P1 + S1 in first year and P3 + M3 and further maths the second year!

please reply those who have any idea about the difficulty of the subject

PS. I had addmaths and got an A*

Reaction score
I am doing my Cambridge GCE A-levels in bio,phy,chem,math and English .
Ok, so I realized the importance of F.M quite late (in my a2). And

There's no AS level further math offered by Cambridge so I want to do it through EDEXCEL board for exams in June.
Is that a sensible decision? Will universities accept this along with my other Cambridge qualifications?
How many components will I have to take to get an AS F.M certificate?

Plz help. Also, can Pakistani students appear privately for EDEXCEL ?

Reaction score
Anybody needs tuition for further mathematics at kuala lumpur, subang jaya, damansara and cheras ?