• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Thanks abcde and hamidali!

abcde: Could you explain what the compound angle identity is? And why is there a constant 'E'?

@hamidali: Ah, we haven't covered P3 yet :(. I wasn't aware of that concept..

Sorry guys, as you can see my understanding of fundamentals is a bit lacking :p

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can Any One Give me NOTES on Matrices and linear spaces. I especially do not understand the linear space part :eek:

Reaction score
Guys can Anyone tell me what book should i buy for further mechanics and furthur Statistic AND where i can get them ....

Reaction score
Re: The Further Maths Thread

babamama99: This is an exclusive thread for Further Mathematics questions, so I shall move your post to the Mathematics section. Infact, you already posted it there. So no need to post the question at two places.

CAn you tell me How to complete the Mechanics part ....I am having trouble finding a book,I have the book "Furthur Mechanics" but i don't know which chapter should i read...... Or reder me to another note

Reaction score
Anybody in Islamabad taking further maths (I'm one of those btw :p ), and searching for an experienced academy teacher to help him out in his studies .......??? If yes, then plx contact 0336-5393236!

Looking forward to see any positive response!

P.S.
The greater the number of students, the more the concession (because the number of those already present is scarce......:/ )......!!! Think abt it.....;P

Reaction score
hello people,
I have just started A2,
I had P1 and M1 in my AS.
Now I am planning on doing P3, M2 and FP1 FP2.

I want to know if I need to finish the syllabus of Statistic 1 and 2 as well? .

I already know that I will need to know statistics in FP2. But how much do i need to know ?
Does the M1 M2 S1 S2 books and syllabi cover all the material present in fp2 ? or is there additional material.

Someone suggest books for Further Mathemetics.
I already have the resource list which is of no help; its too big.

Someone give me a list of all the books I will NEED for further math.

Reaction score
AoA!
I already know that I will need to know statistics in FP2. But how much do i need to know ?
Does the M1 M2 S1 S2 books and syllabi cover all the material present in fp2 ? or is there additional material.
Download the FM syllabus from the Papers section. That tells you exactly how much you need to know.
Someone suggest books for Further Mathemetics.
I already have the resource list which is of no help; its too big.

Someone give me a list of all the books I will NEED for further math.

With all honesty, there's is no comprehensive book or set of books that will teach you everything as far as I know. However, the following two cover most of the sy for FM P1:
Further Pure Mathematics by Bostock & Chandler
Further Pure Mathematics by Brian & Mark Gaulter.

Reaction score
help; 2bodies A n B are at the same time projected upwards vertically from level ground at 8m/s n 10m/s respectively.
i)show that a n b do not meet in the air.
ii)find the time at which B is 1m above A.find when this happen,the height of A.
2)A stone is realeased from top of a building 100m high.At the time a ball is thrown upwards vertically from horizontal ground at 40m/s.find the times at which their levels differ by 120m n also the distance cover by each n verify in each case that indeed their heights differ by 20m

Reaction score
no 11)
the 1st answer is it :
F(x)
= x^2/21 , 0 <= x <= 3
= 2x/7 - 9/21 , 3 <= x <= 5 ??