• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

french speaking exam

Reaction score
does anyone know how it goes because i need urgent help and ps did anyone do the exam if so can u give hints on the role play topics.

Reaction score
Help? What specifically? We have to give a french "speech"+questions+role play cards. I suggest you do the past papers of the cards 'cause they repeat topics and I have my exam on the 15th of April. Anyways, I'll tell ya one I'm done with it.... (y)

Reaction score
multilated_grass , when you finish your exam, pls post the topics of oral of french exam here!! thankyou

Reaction score
Help? What specifically? We have to give a french "speech"+questions+role play cards. I suggest you do the past papers of the cards 'cause they repeat topics and I have my exam on the 15th of April. Anyways, I'll tell ya one I'm done with it.... (y)
ur done rite??
pls post em??
how did it go??

Reaction score
The role play cards were easy and...gosh I don't need to post them because the exam was certainly doable :D The examiner did ask some difficult questions but they were only for the Topic Conversation

Reaction score
The role play cards were easy and...gosh I don't need to post them because the exam was certainly doable :D The examiner did ask some difficult questions but they were only for the Topic Conversation
u get 15 minutes to like think rite??

Reaction score
Can you please just give me ideas on what the role play cards were like? What number did you choose and what did you get? Please...Need of desperate help..

Reaction score
I would but this site is very public and I could get caught...It happened to a friend of mine...plus telling you would be cheating...I already told Jisu that the exam is VERY EASY. If you wanna practice just do some old role play cards

Reaction score
for example what years? Did you practice any role play cards and did the same role play cards come in the exam?

Reaction score
Can we just communicate through facebook or e-mail? It would be of a lot of help if you could give the number and the topic of the role play card that you got. As you said in your previous message...this site is very public..

Reaction score
I suggest that you guys go through all of the roleplaying cards, atleast the more recent ones (2005 onwards). I'm sure you must have don't some already; you really can't depend on others who've already given the exam. Make sure you are able to frame proper questions, like if you go through the past papers, you'll have parts when you need to ask what time the train will arrive, about the opening and closing time of smth, on whether there is something in that place - for example, if there a restaurant in the hotel? etc. Make sure you know your speech well and for the general questions, do you have like the main topics? If not they are about yourself, your family, where you live, about vacations, pocket money, your environment (about what you do to help the environment, your school perhaps), about what you did for your stage en entreprise, what your parents do (their jobs), what you want to do in the future, clothing, your school life, about health - what you do to stay fit etc, and about fast food (related to health). Thats about it. If you prepare, the exam will be a piece of cake xD Do learn your speech well and know many terms/words related to it which is not there in the speech too, have a good vocab basically =P Im assuming you haven't done your exam yet~ Good Luck! x3

Reaction score
I suggest that you guys go through all of the roleplaying cards, atleast the more recent ones (2005 onwards). I'm sure you must have don't some already; you really can't depend on others who've already given the exam. Make sure you are able to frame proper questions, like if you go through the past papers, you'll have parts when you need to ask what time the train will arrive, about the opening and closing time of smth, on whether there is something in that place - for example, if there a restaurant in the hotel? etc. Make sure you know your speech well and for the general questions, do you have like the main topics? If not they are about yourself, your family, where you live, about vacations, pocket money, your environment (about what you do to help the environment, your school perhaps), about what you did for your stage en entreprise, what your parents do (their jobs), what you want to do in the future, clothing, your school life, about health - what you do to stay fit etc, and about fast food (related to health). Thats about it. If you prepare, the exam will be a piece of cake xD Do learn your speech well and know many terms/words related to it which is not there in the speech too, have a good vocab basically =P Im assuming you haven't done your exam yet~ Good Luck! x3
thanx really helped!!

Reaction score
I did my GCSEn french speaking exam like 3weeks ago.
Here's how it goes: (Jisu is sort of correct ,here's the actual version )

It consists out of 4 parts.
1) Jeux de role (Role playing game) (You will be given two cards where you find yourself in a situation like you're trying clothes in a shop or you're ordering in a restaurant.
You must answer every question and in total you should say 5 phrases,each whorth 3 marks thus making the total points for both cards 30 Marks! (Each card is whorth 15)

2)Prepare a topic ,something you're passionate about and something you know how to talk about (obviously you'll prepare",you only need to talk about this for about 60 seconds,maximum 90!
3) Your teacher will ask you questions about this choson topic of yours,e.g) If you chose a sport the teacher is likey to ask you why you enjoy it so much,or for how long you plan on doing it..etc.(takes 3-4 minutes because you're expected to answer in detail)(Out of 30 marks)

4)Your teacher will start a conversation about a topic that s/he prepared and you will have to answer in a detailed way.(4-5 minutes) (Out of 30 marks)

Total score= Card1(15)+Card2(15)=30....+Conversation1(30)+Conversation2(30)=90+General impression(10)=100%. (General impression is about how you pronouce the words and if you get male and female tenses correct like "un/une,le/la,les)
THATS ALL :D
It's very easy trust me, the LOWEST grade in my whole year for french oral was 85%..And not all of them speak very well..
Just remember;
ANSWER IN THE SAME TENSE AS THE QUESTION !!

And there won't be a problem :p
-Jamil
Thanx man
helped me alott
i was toooo lazy to check the syllabus...;P