• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
At Anfield.... out of the question. The current stats imply Lpool have made Anfield a fortress, they have lost only once this season at home. Defeating the Reds on their home turf is going to be very very difficult.
I know that's the challenge it's not going to be easy game but i believe Blues will disappoint reds again .. we'll talk after the match ;) i don't want draw like last time ...

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
1497671_10151963606189821_1378691493_n.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo wins the Fifa Ballon d'Or 2013. Well deserved.

Reaction score
61479_1410924259151660_1791334403_n.jpg

PELE"I promised to my family that I would not cry but I am emotional. First of all I have to thank God for giving me the health to play so many years.

"Of course I did not play alone. When we talk about my friends people remember the players but we don't have to forget the guy who cleaned the shoes, the masseur - I had a lot of good people on my side. I have to share with them all this trophy.

"I got so many trophies and prizes but I was jealous because all of those guys who got the Ballon d'Or, which I couldn't get because I didn't play in Europe. Now I thank God that I can complete my trophies at home."

Reaction score
2260471_big-lnd.jpg

"First of all I have to say a great thanks to all of my team-mates with the club and the national team, without all of their efforts this would not have been possible. I am very happy, it is very difficult to win this award.

"Everybody that has been involved with me on a personal level I have to thank. My wife, my friends, my son. It is a tremendously emotional moment. All I can say is thank you to everybody that has been involved." -Cristiano Ronaldo.

Reaction score
I wont be making excuses this time even though the injury thing about Messi was absolutely credible.
However I too secretly wanted CR7 to win it this time. Its tough to admit it, though.
Because mainly of Sepp Blatter and his impressions and partial comments. So actually its not hard feelings at all this Ballon d'Or for CR7. He did deserve it. Fully. Glad he broke that jinx.

Anyways whats with Messi and his Ballon d'Or outfits. They keep getting ridiculous by the years. A shiny blood red coat. Honestly, what was he thinking!
No offence. I still love Messi.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ex Liverpool Spanish midfielder Luis Garcia retires from professional football at the age of 35
"[Thanks] to Liverpool FC, for making me pass through the history of international football and be part of the Red family, forever."
_72270365_garcia_pa.jpg
Well, thank you too, Garcia.
Without your ghost goal against Chelsea in the 2005 CL semi finals, we wouldn't have gonne ahead to be the champions at Istanbul.
You'll never walk alone, Luis Garcia!

Last edited:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Manchester United lost to Sunderland on penalties in the League Cup semi-final. Game of the season so far. Absolute bonkers.
Tough luck United. And I hope Sunderland wins it at Wembley!

Reaction score
Hazard takes number 10
Salah gets 15 .....(I feel for LFC fans they are losing everything against Chelsea ;) )
good luck Mata

Reaction score
1495433_10151967361782746_371207876_n.jpg

And Mata gets the number 8. Welcome to Manchester United!

From Anderson - 8 to Mata - 8 in one week. Amusing how football works :)
__

Everyone was kinda expecting Mata to end up with the iconic no. 7 though. With Ronaldo's return off the table, perhaps it's being kept for Januzaj. Would make perfect sense. That's pretty much what Fergie did with Ronaldo back in the day.

Reaction score
After a most annoying January transfer window and an equally ridiculous draw with West Brom, today's game was totally off the hook!
Loved the game... So exciting!!! 5-1 ... EPIC!!
Ha! Take that Gooners! Thats for the 2-0 defeat at the Emirates....
The best part was the first four goals came within 20 mins!!! What more the very first in a minute! So proud of Skrtel!! And Sterling ! And Sturridge!! And Coutinho!! And of course Suarez.... Too bad he didn't get on the scoresheet! But he was a hurricane! And obviously Gerrard too, the heart of Anfield!
EPL teams beware of this attacking force of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling! (Wish we played every game like this)
5536__7989__goal3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
BAS.. BAS...... you act as if you are a player or manager at Liverpool... :p
in the end all hurricanes subside... and Anfield will fall... Sturridge will become porridge, Skrtel will become Skittles and Sterling will lose its value :p

You are not welcome here, my football hating freak of a brother. You seriously belong to rhyme school. :p
On a lighter note.... that really was funny!! :D

Reaction score
You act as if you own the team or play for it.... Come on!!! what do you get when they win a match or a trophy??? A penny of their earnings, a touch of the trophy or whatever!! Its spectacularly ridiculous to be a die-hard fan of any team......................... its just a game or rather a sport. Nothing big about it, eh..

Look ... you know why dont you go back to studying like you're supposed to....
Cos you will never understand this B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L game....