• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
This thread is so inactive...
Surprising especially since we had an El Classico just recently :unsure:
Anyways...
EPL for me as a scouser is going cool, way better than the previous seasons at least...
SAS are a joy to watch. I just await our dear Coutinho to return....

Ah and there's the much hyped about Alex Ferguson's autobiography.
I donot care a thing about what he wrote about anybody else but as a person who turned a liverpool supporter only after watching Captain Fantastic, I strongly disagree to what he wrote about our Steven Gerrard.
And I loved Jamie Carragher's response as well as Zinedine Zidane's regarding the same:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ragher-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-wrong-Liverpool.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-fergusons-book-claims-liverpool-2642628

Reaction score
Its his opinion man! He's just writeen what he felt!! And he didn't say something like StevieG is shit or he's a championship player or a mid-table side player. he just said he felt he isn't one of the best in his roles and that's what he felt(even i disagree on what he said about gerrard though).
He managed united for 26 years so there were gonna be some controversial statements and i'm not surprised tbh.

speaking about the el classico- i seriously don't get why do people hype this match so much. Its so boring to watch. Same thing everytime- barca dominating possesion and madrid waiting to hit on the counter. Also the referrring is so pathetic and not to forget the dives from both sides. Carlo messed up big time yesterday and Tata executed his plan almost perfectly. Playing Ronaldo as the no.9 and Ramos as a DM were big blunders. Not the best time to experiment with the team.

Speaking about United- Well the transition is gonna take half a season atleast so won't be ecpecting united to challenge for silverware this season atleast. Yesterday brought back memories of Fergie :)
In Moyes I Trust

Reaction score
Its his opinion man! He's just writeen what he felt!! And he didn't say something like StevieG is shit or he's a championship player or a mid-table side player. he just said he felt he isn't one of the best in his roles and that's what he felt(even i disagree on what he said about gerrard though).
He managed united for 26 years so there were gonna be some controversial statements and i'm not surprised tbh.

speaking about the el classico- i seriously don't get why do people hype this match so much. Its so boring to watch. Same thing everytime- barca dominating possesion and madrid waiting to hit on the counter. Also the referrring is so pathetic and not to forget the dives from both sides. Carlo messed up big time yesterday and Tata executed his plan almost perfectly. Playing Ronaldo as the no.9 and Ramos as a DM were big blunders. Not the best time to experiment with the team.

Speaking about United- Well the transition is gonna take half a season atleast so won't be ecpecting united to challenge for silverware this season atleast. Yesterday brought back memories of Fergie :)
In Moyes I Trust

I really think a top manager (former) like him must realize class when he sees one. Im not here to argue but as a LFC fan I have every right to raise my opinion as well. and I believe his opinion is so wrong. Its all that sour grapes feeling, that he couldn't sign him.
And I know he even criticized several other people inc United players. But seriously a whole chapter dedicated to Liverpool was hilarious enough. Such hard feelings for the Scousers. It makes me laugh. But what he said about Gerrard was once again very annoying to any Liverpool fan.
But that's the whole point about opinions right? They can be prejudiced, biased, etc. Its all just plain "opinion".
Same reason I dont read autobiographies. Firstly they are boring. Secondly they are so full of opinions.

El Classico. I was just remembering the old times when we all used to fight like crazy out here some time ago. Now its so quiet. That's all. But Neymar and Sanchez's goals were AWESOME, needless to say. No comments about the 86m Bale. :D

And United, I do not wish to comment. :)

Reaction score
I really think a top manager (former) like him must realize class when he sees one. Im not here to argue but as a LFC fan I have every right to raise my opinion as well. and I believe his opinion is so wrong. Its all that sour grapes feeling, that he couldn't sign him.
And I know he even criticized several other people inc United players. But seriously a whole chapter dedicated to Liverpool was hilarious enough. Such hard feelings for the Scousers. It makes me laugh. But what he said about Gerrard was once again very annoying to any Liverpool fan.
But that's the whole point about opinions right? They can be prejudiced, biased, etc. Its all just plain "opinion".
Same reason I dont read autobiographies. Firstly they are boring. Secondly they are so full of opinions.

El Classico. I was just remembering the old times when we all used to fight like crazy out here some time ago. Now its so quiet. That's all. But Neymar and Sanchez's goals were AWESOME, needless to say. No comments about the 86m Bale. :D

And United, I do not wish to comment. :)

did you read the book? do you know the chapter in his book is titled 'Liverpool- A Great Tradition'? He has respected Liverpool in that chapter. the problem is that people haven't noticed that chapter just because of his comments on Gerrard and Lampard. Why don't you talk about that? I have the pdf version if you want i'll paste the whole text of that chapter

BTW why would he need StevieG when he had Paul Scholes ? :p :cool:

Reaction score
did you read the book? do you know the chapter in his book is titled 'Liverpool- A Great Tradition'? He has respected Liverpool in that chapter. the problem is that people haven't noticed that chapter just because of his comments on Gerrard and Lampard. Why don't you talk about that? I have the pdf version if you want i'll paste the whole text of that chapter

BTW why would he need StevieG when he had Paul Scholes ? :p :cool:

No and do not intend to either. If I would read auto biographies in the future, I'd probably read Stevie G'. I've heard its excellent :p
Even if he did so , he had few nice things to say obviously.
And just as you came rushing to defend your manager (Former), so would every LFC fan do the same if its Gerrard in the equation. He might have said good things but Gerrard is the heart of Liverpool, their powerhouse. And no doubt his criticism was highly criticized and rightly so.

Why dont you ask him that, huh? :p He really was desperate and I love Stevie G for turning them all down. (y)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Results of last night:
Fulham 1 - Man. United 3
2-0 to Arsenal against Liverpool. The gunners simply outplayed the scousers.

Tonight:
Everton 0 - 0 Tottenham.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
1457678_10151887892084279_267630696_n.jpg

OHH ROBIN VAN PERSIIEEE!

YOU INSULT HIM, HE REPLIES ON THE PITCH.

MANCHESTER UNITED 1 - 0 arsenal

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!