• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Feeling difficulty in choosing an exam code (private candidate online registration)

Reaction score
Hy every one iam giving an exam as a private candidate and feeling difficulty in chosing an exam for a relevent subjects . can any one help please which code should we choose. For example maths code is 9709 in online registarion many codes are given such as 9709AY , 9709BY , 9709CY etc . please help me if any one know.

Reaction score
Hy every one iam giving an exam as a private candidate and feeling difficulty in chosing an exam for a relevent subjects . can any one help please which code should we choose. For example maths code is 9709 in online registarion many codes are given such as 9709AY , 9709BY , 9709CY etc . please help me if any one know.

Please state the following so I can help.

Did you registered as a private candidate before in the Oct/nov or May/June series?
What subjects are you taking for AS? Or are you planning to take (AS+A2) in the next May/June?
What would you like to Choose?
S1 or M1 for AS,
S2 or M1 for A2.

Reaction score
Hi there. Those codes are to determine what zone/variant you are in and also what papers you gave. For example 9709/CY is for the variant 2 and zone 4 with the papers 1,3,6,7. To be precise 9709/CY has these set of papers : 12, 32, 62, 72. For more information about the codes look at the second page of GT you will get the idea how papers and variants are managed and that will help you to select your code. As I gave 12,32,62 and 72 thus my code is 9709/CY.
This is the gt of november 2016 you can access it here itself if you wanna save ur time in not surfing : http://dynamicpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/9709_w16_gt.pdf

Hope this helps and good luck for your prepration and examination

Reaction score
Please state the following so I can help.

Did you registered as a private candidate before in the Oct/nov or May/June series?
What subjects are you taking for AS? Or are you planning to take (AS+A2) in the next May/June?
What would you like to Choose?
S1 or M1 for AS,
S2 or M1 for A2.
i want to give A2 and components p3 and s1 only
I have attached a snapshot . please tell me which one should i add to basket? iam giving A2 and which contain 2 papers only s1 and p3

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    84.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    89.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
I have attached a snapshot . please tell me which one should i add to basket? iam giving A2 and which contain 2 papers only s1 and p3
did you give as level already?
if so what did u give? I guess p1 and m1 ?

Reaction score
If you have already given As level then OPT LY is your code according to me.upload_2017-1-27_14-51-54.png

Reaction score
Since you have took AS : P1 and M1, and for your A2, you just need to carry forward your AS marks from last Oct/Nov Series 2016 or May/June Series 2016.
Seeing your display, it states you're from Pakistan.

Select AS:

MATHEMATICS - GCE A LEVEL OPT DY(Carry Forward: Mechanics AS (JUNE series))

Level: AS-Level
Code: 9709DY
Price: 11,765.00 PKRExam components:
  • PURE MATHEMATICS 32
  • PROBABILITY & STATISTICS 62
  • JUNE MECHANICS AS (12,42) CF

OR

MATHEMATICS - GCE A LEVEL OPT HY (Carry Forward: Mechanics AS (NOV series))

Level: AS-Level
Code: 9709HY
Price: 11,765.00 PKR
  • PURE MATHEMATICS 32
  • NOV MECHANICS AS (12,42) CF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you planning to improve your marks? Then try:

MATHEMATICS - GCE A LEVEL OPT LY (CARRY FORWARD BOTH AS MARKS FROM BOTH JUNE/NOV Series)

Level: A Level
Code: 9709LY
Price: 17,275.00 PKR
Exam components:
  • PURE MATHEMATICS 12
  • PURE MATHEMATICS 32
  • MECHANICS 42
  • JUNE MECHANICS AS (12,42) CF
  • JUNE STATISTICS AS (12,62) CF
  • NOV MECHANICS AS (12,42) CF
  • NOV STATISTICS AS (12,62) CF

This will affect how many papers you will take.

Reaction score
i

i have also confirmed from others they also saying LY is the option . But iam not understanding that why thee fee is same for all. The one who is giviing As+A2 fee is 17250 and the one who is giving only A2 fee is 17250 same? iam confused:(

Because there is an error on your country's website. They put the A2 only options in "AS"-tab.
Since you haven't tell me which series you joined last year.
You need to pick Oct/Nov 2016(DY), or May/June 2016(HY) AS marks to carry forward.

The LY options - You will again resit for your AS subjects to IMPROVE your marks.
Means you going to sit for 4 papers.

Reaction score
Because there is an error on your country's website. They put the A2 only options in "AS"-tab.
You need to pick Oct/Nov 2016(DY), or May/June 2016(HY) AS marks to carry forward.

The LY options - You will again resit for your AS subjects to IMPROVE your marks.
where are you from?

Reaction score
where are you from?
Does that matter?
I'm from Malaysia (Zone 5)?
My country haven't started releasing the CIE Exams form.
And also I'd finished my A-Levels last year.

The fees for sitting 4 papers and sitting 2 papers are different yeah.
If your logic doesn't work, I rather not bother to explain anymore :barefoot:

Last edited:
Reaction score

what will then happen to our previously carried forward marks? please elaborate your point.

Reaction score
a

and which of the As marks will be considered?