• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FAST AND NUST

Reaction score
So i have two Questions. Thought i should include them in one topic.

First i need someone to post some kind of a syllabus about the NUST Entrance test since the teachers in my academy are teaching each and every topic of Fsc and from what i have heard we don't need to prepare the whole fsc since we just can't in a time of 40 Days. So some kind of syllabus telling me about the required topics for the NUST entrance test would be quite helpful

Secondly is it worth applying to FAST? I have already applied in NUST/GIKI/PIEAS.
I'm not such an outstanding student. Just average. Since i'll be turning 17 this August (InshAllah) my parents have allowed me to take a gap year if GOD Forbid i don't get Admission in the above three uni's because of the age factor :D
Even if i do apply for FAST i'll be applying in the Computer Science or Software engineering field. So is it worth applying there or should i instead be taking a gap year if i have to cause the thing is if i get admission in FAST and not in any of the other uni's i have applied to then i would have to go for FAST.
Someone who's already studying FAST can give me a good idea about it aswell.

Thanks. =)

Reaction score
I'm applying to FAST and NUST as well as UET [lahore] , But it's useless for A-level students to apply at uet as they really can't get admission there . If you really want to do Computer Science/Software then I'd recommend you Fast and Nust . Oh don't go to Giki , it's like hell there :p

Reaction score
How can you even say that? =S
Have you even been there? Spent like a year or so there?

Just don't go out talking shit about what you haven't even experienced. I have met alot of GIKIANS and they absolutely love it. They actually get a lot more exposure there then NUSTIANS do and atleast they have some good ratio of Alevels:FSC students.

Reaction score
I honestly hate PAKISTAN;S EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM!!!!

all these unfair practices of equivalence etc... is ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS !!!
IF THEY DONT LIKE ALEVELS Y CANT THEY JUST BAN IT 4RM PAKISTAN JUST LIKE INDIA DID.

da ppl sitting behind da desk are so DAMN lazy ...LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM IN PAK !

Reaction score
Edifier said:
How can you even say that? =S
Have you even been there? Spent like a year or so there?

Just don't go out talking shit about what you haven't even experienced. I have met alot of GIKIANS and they absolutely love it. They actually get a lot more exposure there then NUSTIANS do and atleast they have some good ratio of Alevels:FSC students.

exactly ! im not even gona think of gvin sum1 advice over this coz i have no freakin idea....i just kno NUST is a gud uni n my frnds r planning to apply dts all.....and o btw be prepared fo this topic 2 b moved =P

Reaction score
Edifier said:

First i need someone to post some kind of a syllabus about the NUST Entrance test since the teachers in my academy are teaching each and every topic of Fsc and from what i have heard we don't need to prepare the whole fsc since we just can't in a time of 40 Days. So some kind of syllabus telling me about the required topics for the NUST entrance test would be quite helpful

Secondly is it worth applying to FAST? I have already applied in NUST/GIKI/PIEAS.
I'm not such an outstanding student. Just average. Since i'll be turning 17 this August (InshAllah) my parents have allowed me to take a gap year if GOD Forbid i don't get Admission in the above three uni's because of the age factor :D
Even if i do apply for FAST i'll be applying in the Computer Science or Software engineering field. So is it worth applying there or should i instead be taking a gap year if i have to cause the thing is if i get admission in FAST and not in any of the other uni's i have applied to then i would have to go for FAST.

Thanks. =)
apply to FAST but dont go for GIKI

Reaction score
I am going to an academy too. they teach fsc syllabus too!!!! And GOD!!!! FSC is so Awful. it has so much ratta even in math!!! But the fact is that entry tests are based on FSc syllabus. The ask about facts that are all present in fsc book....so dude you need to study complete fsc syllabus. i study from the books i got from my acdemy. the are entry test based and summarized. u shud comletely do ur preparation from their.
And u shud also apply in COMSATS too. i hev applied in NUST PIEAS FAST UET and COMSATS for engineering . for comsats you need to giv NAT test.

Reaction score
^ Are you studying from KIPS? Cause last time i heard they provide those books. Are they helpful?

Reaction score
i am currently studying in Nust. For God's sake leave these academys they are fooling u. nust test is not all rata but concept too. physics and maths ki aik aik cheez learn karo. 40 percent weightage is maths and 30 physics. study only f s c books and no other. i know its hard but trust me u have to do this to have any chance of beating the test.
Good luck u are going to need it.:)

Reaction score
Edifier said:

Thanks. =)

Well... just remember 2 things:
1. There's no such thing called "syllabus" for these tests. Yes, u can say there are important topic. like Differentiation, Integration, series, Matrices. But i wud recommend that u cover the whole of fsc books.
2. FAST has best CS in pakistan, if u have interest in CS or Software. then FAST is the right choice.

Reaction score
Edifier said:
^ Are you studying from KIPS? Cause last time i heard they provide those books. Are they helpful?
yep i go to islamabad KIPS. the books are fine cuz u dont hev to study from fsc books cuz they are lengthy. its like a summarized form. but the best thing is that they provide practice papers. u shud buy those books too. they are helpful. Infact you shud go to an academy too.......bcuz after doing Alevels.....its really difficult to do fsc syllabus. its entirely different from our syllabus. do u go to Kips too?

Reaction score
Here are the topics you must know for admission tests:
Physics:
1) Scope of physics (history of physics created by muslims)
2)Scalar and vector
3)motion in one dimension: This includes kinematics (speed, time distance relation) and laws of motion (newton laws, stokes law and momentum)
4)motion in two dimension: This includes projectile motion and circular motion.
5)Tourque, moment and equilibrium
6)gravitation
7)work power and energy
8)oscillatory motion (simple harmonic motion): it includes pendulum
9)waves: it includes sound waves, musical sound, beats, resonance, Doppler effect etc.
10) light: it includes diffraction, interference, reflection, refraction etc.
11) Geometrical optics: it includes mirrors (all kind), lenses, microscopes, telescopes. etc.
12)Heat: it includes thermodynamics
13)Gas laws
14)Electrostatics
15) electrical measuring instruments: includes galvanometer, ammeter, voltmeter, potentiometer, avometer.
16)electromegnatic waves
17)modern physics: icludes phoelectric effect, campton effect, etc.
18) atomic spectra
19)radioactivity
all the topics must be read into detail

Reaction score
1) sets
2) real and complex number
3) quadratic equations
4)simultaneous equations
5) matrices
6) determinants and inverse matrices
7)sequence and series
8 )permutation and combination
9) probability
10) binomial theorem
11) mathematical induction
12) trigonometry and identities
13) solutions to triangle
14) mensuration
15) geometry
16) exponential and logarithm
17)functions
18) straight line and general equations
19) limits
20) differentiation and its application (differential equations)
21) integration
22) circle
23) conics (ellipse, hyperbola and parabola)
24) vectors
detail study of all the topics is required.

msk

Reaction score
destined007 said:
1) sets
3) quadratic equations
4)simultaneous equations
5) matrices
7)sequence and series
9) probability
10) binomial theorem
14) mensuration
15) geometry
17)functions
19) limits
21) integration
22) circle
24) vectors

Good yaar pura fsc ka syllabus likh dia :D

msk

Reaction score
bloooooo said:
Edifier said:
yep i go to islamabad KIPS. the books are fine cuz u dont hev to study from fsc books cuz they are lengthy. its like a summarized form. but the best thing is that they provide practice papers. u shud buy those books too. they are helpful. Infact you shud go to an academy too.......bcuz after doing Alevels.....its really difficult to do fsc syllabus. its entirely different from our syllabus. do u go to Kips too?

dude kips buks are a litle too much sumarized......just go through the fsc book...if u don,t have time like i am an A-level student just over look it and see what does every topic say....ya maybe kips books are good for practise but THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE FOR EVERYONE JUST FOR THE KIPPS STUDENTS!

msk

Reaction score
saadimtiaz6 said:
i am currently studying in Nust. For God's sake leave these academys they are fooling u. nust test is not all rata but concept too. physics and maths ki aik aik cheez learn karo. 40 percent weightage is maths and 30 physics. study only f s c books and no other. i know its hard but trust me u have to do this to have any chance of beating the test.
Good luck u are going to need it.:)

now u my friend are going to the right path....just study fsc books and hope for the best....test has to come form there!

Reaction score
I completely agree with the post above, there isn't any thing such as 'syllabus' for the entry tests..Its just mixture of calculus and basic things in maths.. physics comes from mechanics ,electricity and magnetism, nuclear physics portion (most of it).. and chemistry and english are merely tie breaker. NUST is the best place to study Computer Science and Software Engineering even. I do not mean to say that FAST isn't good but looking at the qualification of the teachers teaching there.. Coming all the way from Microsoft and Apple Inc. certainly gives them edge. Plus if you happen to visit their Islamabad campus you'd find that in near future NUST H-12 Campus is going be an unbeatable place.. Buildings, Facilities, Research, Fundings, Faculty etc etc..

There are other things to be considered as well , the logistics, the accomodation, comfort etc etc...

So decision is yours.. :)

Reaction score
msk said:
destined007 said:
1) sets
3) quadratic equations
4)simultaneous equations
5) matrices
7)sequence and series
9) probability
10) binomial theorem
14) mensuration
15) geometry
17)functions
19) limits
21) integration
22) circle
24) vectors

Good yaar pura fsc ka syllabus likh dia :D

parhna zarrori hai bhae. Mainay inter ka nahee parha or GIKI may 20-30 sawaal agae inter kay. choorna para. is wajay say 386 result merit agaya. Agar parh layta to aur acha ajata. :(

msk

Reaction score
@ above
dude u are lyk awsum bagheer inter parhe bhi 386 is totally awesome.....parh ke to top 10 :D
best of luck for NUST

Reaction score
386 giki boy u might just get electronics or mechanical there still giving nust are you mad ????nust is good i am nustain but trust me giki has lot more to offer ,nust gives 2700 engineers giki produces 350 and trust me these 350 are among best 100 in there respective fields in pakistan giki still has no parrallel (common sense even 3000 gets me or ee degree in nust with pnec,1000 get me at smme yes applicants are more but gikis 9000 are like nust 18000 due to their requirement of above 60 in maths and phy also ,plus they can afford tutions u are luky i failed giki's test at mytime merit no were not shown to us )i have experienced seeing my giki friends getting jobs in engro ,unilever etc with avg gpas 2 months ago before graduation and me working hard to get one in privates sector with 3.5 gpa ,see dude getting in ee and me in giki is like getting in aku for medicine i hear 2 3 students going to mit for masters from giki each year,others also go to good unis ,multi national job market is best for giki,i went there for an event best campus so if u compare giki with nust its a failure giki has no parrallel see my current hr manager ranking
for engineering
1 giki
2 punjab uni (chemical eng)
3 nust eme
4 uet lahore
5 uet taxila
6 nust h-12 campus (pref seecs)
7 fast (pref bs cs)[lahore one i better)
8 mehran uni sindh
9 ned
if lums sse comes he says it will come between no 2-4 and thats just an example but yes nust is good i still say i am pround nustain cuz it is serving pakistan best but giki is serving it student best 1/3 go abroad(for gud jobs) 1/3 get good jobs (in pak) go 1/3 go abraod for masters
for business
1 lums
2 iba/nust bba
3 lse
4 zulfiqar ali buttho inst karachi