• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Fake Calculator!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to ask how to make sure that a calculator is original and not just a fake. I have to get a new one for the Maths and Add maths exams and which one do you guys recommend????? :) :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

Reaction score
yeah haris is right and also the fake one has low price while origonal casio fx 570 es costs around 1200 rupees and same casio fx 570 es fake and china costs around 500 to 700

Reaction score
The best possible thing to avoid such kind of thing is to go and buy from the official Casio store..its here in lahore and it must be in Karachi too

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
The best possible thing to avoid such kind of thing is to guy and buy from the official Casio store..its here in lahore and it must be in Karachi too
Yup no.mercy is correct.....
I hv bought it recently frm the official casio store in Karachi....I will recommend u to buy fx-82ms as it is allowed in all the papers and its price is also reasonable.... :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can you please tell me the address of the casio store in lahore and the price of 82ms.

Reaction score
570ms is a gr8 calculator n is reasonable to... i have been using mine for 3 years n its flawless tiss now.... last week my sis also bought the same model
its range is between 1000-1200 rs

Reaction score
sksuriza said:
570ms is a gr8 calculator n is reasonable to... i have been using mine for 3 years n its flawless tiss now.... last week my sis also bought the same model
570 ms is nt allowed in examz as it contains the integration n differentiation function.... :)

Reaction score
Why isn't the 570 allowed? We're using 570 (some people still use 350) for all OL syllabus here. You CAN'T (rather than "not allowed to") use the calculator for integration / differentiation questions for a simple reason... You need to show working. xD I think we are probably allowed to use the 991 (which I am, for classes) too. You can, of course use calculators with fewer functions. :)

Reaction score
basimnazir said:
What the hell do you mean by that Kerris? :S

Did you mean me? If you did, then:

The short answer is, exactly what I wrote.

1) We're all using 570 series for O-level exams over here, for decades. (Well, for as long as it was in existence, that is.)

2) It's OK to use calculators with less functions or other functions, provided that they're not programmable (because programmable calculators can be used for CHEATING.)

3) Calculators only give you the final answer -- workings are REQUIRED in your answers.

Umm. I think that's it.

Reaction score
Personally I like the 991 series. :D It's got functions you can use to check some answers (only useful for checking the last line, though) and it uses dual power, so I never have to worry about the battery running flat. ;)

Reaction score
Muhammad Talha said:
sksuriza said:
570 ms is nt allowed in examz as it contains the integration n differentiation function.... :)
It is allowed CIE writes that only "SYMBOLIC" algebra is forbidden in calculators...Fx-570ms/es completely conform to the rules and regulations...and if you state the formula you are using examiner has no right to deduct your marks....

Reaction score
'The calculator must be of a size suitable for use on the desk at which the candidate will sit the examination.
The calculator must be silent, with visual display only.
External storage media e.g. card, tape, disk, smartcard and plug-in modules are not allowed in the examination room.
Calculators with any of the following facilities are prohibited, unless specifically stated otherwise in the syllabus:

Graphic display
Data banks
Dictionaries
Language translators
Retrieval or manipulation of formulae
QWERTY keyboards
Built-in symbolic algebraic manipulations
Symbolic differentiation or integration
Capability of remote communication with other machines
The use of any such calculator will be regarded as malpractice.

This was the e-mail that i received frm the British Council....!!!

Reaction score
Basically, the BC mail translates to: Anything that allows the candidate to cheat is not allowed.

If you have graphic display, you can call up a graph for the correct graph shape. i.e., cheat in graph questions

If you have storage capability, you can store answers or cheats (or even your textbooks) -- this means data banks, retrieval (means there has to be storage)

If you have programmable calculators, you will definitely be able to store programs that can help you cheat, + you can store data. programmable calculators have QWERTY keyboards.

Symbolic algebraic and differential/integral manipulations allow a candidate to obtain correct results for those questions showing with unknown value, x. The 991/570 only give answers to calculations for functions for x=constant, no unknowns.

Calculators with dictionaries, translators allow you to cheat in language papers.

Calculators with remote communications function (e.g., handphones.) allow you to communicate with your fellow cheating partner.

570 and 991 series are allowed. Anyway, you can always ask the exam board if these two models specifically are allowed, rather than relying on our own translation. We're allowed to use 570 and 991 series for IGCSE, GCSE and local OL syllabus. I'm sorry if your local reps don't allow you to use them.

Reaction score
570 and 991 series are allowed. The differentiation and the integration in these calculators are not in algebric form that is not allowed in the CIE exams. These calculators are only capable of NUMERIC differentiation and integration. There shouldn't be a problem the es series or the ms series as their functions are exactly the same. I have use 991 in 5 different CIE papers, and there hasn't been a problem in any of them.

Reaction score
Why isn't the 570 allowed? We're using 570 (some people still use 350) for all OL syllabus here. You CAN'T (rather than "not allowed to") use the calculator for integration / differentiation questions for a simple reason... You need to show working. xD I think we are probably allowed to use the 991 (which I am, for classes) too. You can, of course use calculators with fewer functions. :)
So is it okay if we write 570es when the invigilator asks?? They won't confiscate my calculator, right? :S