• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

failing at retakes aswell what to

Reaction score
HI I like to clear the question that if u were improving u grades this may june 2012 but instead u r in dought that yr grade are gonna be worse than before what shoud one do. Another retake or try something else if something else what r my options . What can i do if i am to stay at pakistan. What uni wil take me at D grades or even a U. Is there ne solution to my problem or will i never be sucessful at nething else

Reaction score
Well first, try to improve your writing man.. and I think you should repeat because although it's a little messed up the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Although, if you have a good enough game plan you can proceed without resitting, but unless you are really sure what you would do if you weren't resitting I think you should resit. Did you adequately prepare for this exam ? If you did lots of work and still don't get the grades you want then you might be in need of extra help, but if you know you fooled around I guess you know what you should be doing next time you write!

Reaction score
I do not have any game plan. I do know this that i did not attempt past papers for more 5 years and I do panic in the exam room despite scoring a well 8o percent when I try at home .
also i need to know this that are there any courses offered in Pakistan that can build up on my a level grades (whatever they may be (u or e or d) ) towards a proper bachelors degree considering i do those courses iintsead of repeating ?

Reaction score
My advice, re-take again.
Only this time, take help from teachers and practice more than 10 years past papers. Clear your concepts and work hard.
I don't think your current grades would ensure you a bright career.

Reaction score
Well, I don't understand how you get D grades when you are getting 80% at home. I think you are either not understanding the questions during the exam, or maybe the examiner doesn't understand what you are trying to say, because I had to read what you wrote twice to get what your question was!

Reaction score
Yea you seem to have a problem with articulation, you probably have the ideas in your head but can't bring them out properly when you write it.

Reaction score
HI I like to clear the question that if u were improving u grades this may june 2012 but instead u r in dought that yr grade are gonna be worse than before what shoud one do. Another retake or try something else if something else what r my options . What can i do if i am to stay at pakistan. What uni wil take me at D grades or even a U. Is there ne solution to my problem or will i never be sucessful at nething else

Stop wasting time on these forums and try and work harder.

Reaction score
btw from A-E is a pass U is a fail

Reaction score
no pain no gain.

i know the people above me are speaking quite harsh, but they are speaking the truth. You have to change in order to improve.
Now, study.

Reaction score
Either i seem to know the answer and am not confident if it is even the right answer or i dont know it
i panic in the exam messing up the whole ppr .
I do not want to give a retake as I think i have lost interest and am considering Photgraphy as a career. there is a college that offers a 1 yr professional course and requires u only to own a dslr camera . I want to know what is the scope of such a course provided i do that and start my own Photography firm. How succesfull will i be if i work hard. I seem to relize fact that i might be better suited at a job rather than studying higher.

Reaction score
You know what happens when I am in the exam hall?
First, all the questions appear dificult.
So I do only a few questions.
I think over what the answers of the others might be, trying to remember what past paper question was similar to this one (<=== REALLY HELPS.)
I usually end up answering every question.
When u practice at home, always look at the marking scheme and learn what you can by heart.(Those questions which seem to keep repeating, anyway)
Sleeping 2 hours before the exam day is not gonna help you, sleep at least 3 hours more during the exam time than you usually do.
All you have to do is clear your head and everything works out perfectly. It doesn't look like you are a failure, you just don't have a good study method.