• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra subjects.

Reaction score
Hey.

I'm going to be taking my O-level exams in 2013, I'd like to know if it would be possible to take on any extra subjects right now, without a teacher.

I'm currently taking; English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Urdu B, Pakistan Studies, and Islamiat. These subjects seem kinda less to me,and I want to take on some more.

I've considered Sociology; and Human and Social Biology. I'm also thinking about business studies and economics, but I'm not sure if I can do them without a teacher.

I'd be grateful if you guys could recommend any easy subjects I could attempt, without a teacher's help.
Thanks much!
(;

Reaction score
some of my class fellows took commerce as extra subjects. they had same subjects as you. they studied it own their own.

Reaction score
Too less! This is too much! Unless you are some genius and have covered more than 90% of the syllabus, only then i think you are ready to go for some more subjects Currently i guess you should focus on these six and try to achieve top grades in them. At the end of the day, it all comes down to you - its your decision but mine's was a friendly advice. :) However, i must say, if you are one of those who *believe* they can do it, then go for it ! :)
I'd however recommend Sociology. I didn't give too much time to it, approximately 5 months and even then scored an A*. There's too much choice of topics too - thats a plus point. Business Studies is total cramming - you might want to opt for it. Commerce is too another good choice.

Reaction score
Stats! It's easy to comprehend if you are bent towards mathematics.

Reaction score
Why don't you go for Environmental management?
It is easy to do if you know who to write and are good in Geography, its an easy A!

Reaction score
and if it is bio, then go for Human and Social biology aswell, you have to read a few topics that are extra

Reaction score
Hi

Dnt just give subjects. Let me knw what field you have in mind for the future. I'll guide u accordingly

Reaction score
abcde said:
Stats! It's easy to comprehend if you are bent towards mathematics.
I disagree! Take what ever subjects u want but if ur planning for an A grade don't go for stats until u are a real genious and have plenty of time! Because I and many others have a really bad experience for Statistics!

Reaction score
On my side, students were able to achieve high grades in Stats within a few months of preparation. It's mostly about past paper practice. You could be right, though as experiences vary widely.

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
Too less! This is too much! Unless you are some genius and have covered more than 90% of the syllabus, only then i think you are ready to go for some more subjects Currently i guess you should focus on these six and try to achieve top grades in them. At the end of the day, it all comes down to you - its your decision but mine's was a friendly advice. :) However, i must say, if you are one of those who *believe* they can do it, then go for it ! :)
I'd however recommend Sociology. I didn't give too much time to it, approximately 5 months and even then scored an A*. There's too much choice of topics too - thats a plus point. Business Studies is total cramming - you might want to opt for it. Commerce is too another good choice.

Lol, it seems less to me!! I'm gonna be studying in england- so requirements to get into University are different there. Some Uni's want 9 or 10 O-levels. I'm going to go into medicine or dentistry, I want as many O-levels as possible to have a bigger chance of getting into Uni. >;/ But thanks for the advice, I'll try to focus a lot on my current subjects too!

But thanks guys, for the help. I probably won't do stats tho, because I'm not a fan of maths..
I'll see what I can do about the others! ^^

Thank you again!!

Reaction score
HiMyNameIsZohra said:
Lol, it seems less to me!! I'm gonna be studying in england- so requirements to get into University are different there. Some Uni's want 9 or 10 O-levels. I'm going to go into medicine or dentistry, I want as many O-levels as possible to have a bigger chance of getting into Uni. >;/ But thanks for the advice, I'll try to focus a lot on my current subjects too!

As you said you'll be doing medicine, i'll recommend you stay focused on ur field subjects. Give human and social biology, Combined sciences and Environmental Management (a bit diversity to show). Score in these first, prepare well, try to achieve higher in these, dont go for more subjects.

Reaction score
aqsasaleem23 said:
HiMyNameIsZohra said:

As you said you'll be doing medicine, i'll recommend you stay focused on ur field subjects. Give human and social biology, Combined sciences and Environmental Management (a bit diversity to show). Score in these first, prepare well, try to achieve higher in these, dont go for more subjects.

Oh, okay! What you're saying makes sense- so I'll take your advice! :) I'll try my best to see if I can do these subjects.

Jazakallah!
^^,

Reaction score
Environmental management is the most preferable choice becauze its kinda easy and requires much less than others.but more focus shuld be on the primary subjects that are more important .However it entirely depends on your ability,if u can take many extra subjects,u shuld go for it
?

Reaction score
As you said you'll be doing medicine, i'll recommend you stay focused on ur field subjects. Give human and social biology, Combined sciences and Environmental Management (a bit diversity to show). Score in these first, prepare well, try to achieve higher in these, dont go for more subjects.[/quote]

i also went for these subjects this year but do u re5ally think they would be helpfull?

Reaction score
Why not? If you show you can ace all sciences subjects, why wont it benefit you? But make it sure, only if you apply abroad and in (Aga khan, Al-shifa) other than that, please dont waste your time on these subjects because the equivalance isn't made out of these subjects.
If you need any help regarding Environmental management and Human and social Biology, you can pm me.

Reaction score
So for medicine Human and Social Biology is the better choice. The reason is that it'll help you to show depth in your field to the university.

I'll reply your pm.

As for any specific help on any subject, especially Human and Social Biology. Just pm me or contact me at http://www.facebook.com/ZohaibAsadSyed (recommended as i use it more).

Source: O levels world record holder and a human and social bio distinction holder.

Reaction score
HiMyNameIsZohra said:
Hey.

I'm going to be taking my O-level exams in 2013, I'd like to know if it would be possible to take on any extra subjects right now, without a teacher.

I'm currently taking; English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Urdu B, Pakistan Studies, and Islamiat. These subjects seem kinda less to me,and I want to take on some more.

I've considered Sociology; and Human and Social Biology. I'm also thinking about business studies and economics, but I'm not sure if I can do them without a teacher.

I'd be grateful if you guys could recommend any easy subjects I could attempt, without a teacher's help.
Thanks much!
(;
What!!You are not doing maths!! I strongly suggest that you do mathematics in your o level. It is an absolutely important
subject wherever you go to study any anything in the future.
HiMyNameIsZohra said:
Ghalya001 said:

But thanks guys, for the help. I probably won't do stats tho, because I'm not a fan of maths..
I'll see what I can do about the others! ^^

Thank you again!!
Check the websites of any good university in engliand and you will find that they require mathematics at grade B or A.So I suggest you do you do maths.

Reaction score
Maths is a handy subject. Go for it and besides it may help you in physics. U will better understand the derivation of formulas and maths and phys at A level will definitely give u an edge over other students applying for medicine. But to opt for maths in A level u gotta do it in O level. So definitely i would say maths. Its just my opinion.. The choice is urs!