• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra Subject !!!! Advice needed !!!!

Reaction score
So like guyz well i know its silly and useless but i want to give extra subject in Oct/ Nov 2012 ...... now the thing silly about it is that like im currently giving 02 exams and like from August i'll be in A levels !!!! So like i basicly wanted to ask that should i give some subjects while doing A levels ????? I'm thinking about W. History and Economics

Reaction score
Oh and btw i hve already gotten admission in Nixor College !!! :D And i already hve 3 As plus 6 pending ( currently giving them ) but like i want upto 11 As so like should i give them !!!

Reaction score
same ere i also wanna tak sum xtra subjects... well let's c if smbddy can cum up with sum good advic.... n sorry cant help u :p

Reaction score
You're going to be tensed next year, really tensed. If you are in science then I recommend you to not do it. You'll miss a heck lot in chemistry if you don't study in the first 2 months. 9As are fine mate, your A level grades are what most people are after so if you do great in them, you'll do great. A levels isn't a one-day workout like O levels

Reaction score
why are you doing all of that seriously? :eek:
I was doing 5 ol's this year and that wasn't easy at all and I didn't do good in the tests
I'll just take 8 O levels and AL Math in the IGCSE's
may be I'll take an extra AS if I did well in the rest of subjects
but what you are doing is way too too much

Reaction score
agreed with faizanmah, focus on your alevels (and do some extra-corricular activities, debates, dramatics, sports, MUN's, science olympiads etc)

9A's are more than enough. Good univerisities DONT WANT NERDS. Do some activity and try to get to the national or international level

If u need some further help, then please do ask! :D

Reaction score
Well Economics is a bit bulky... I would advice you to take Business Studies, its much easier :)

Reaction score
So like guyz well i know its silly and useless but i want to give extra subject in Oct/ Nov 2012 ...... now the thing silly about it is that like im currently giving 02 exams and like from August i'll be in A levels !!!! So like i basicly wanted to ask that should i give some subjects while doing A levels ????? I'm thinking about W. History and Economics
hi...yes u can give xtra subs while doing A levels...this is how most students with 26 subs in o levels do....this is how i am doing and it won't do any harm

Reaction score
agreed with faizanmah, focus on your alevels (and do some extra-corricular activities, debates, dramatics, sports, MUN's, science olympiads etc)

9A's are more than enough. Good univerisities DONT WANT NERDS. Do some activity and try to get to the national or international level

If u need some further help, then please do ask! :D
it's not about being a "NERD" ...it's about the subs and experiences u r pursuing ..... it depends on the feilds and knowledge u r pursuing..i have many subs but i still enjoy debates and sports ......it's how u organize ur time and study

Reaction score
You're going to be tensed next year, really tensed. If you are in science then I recommend you to not do it. You'll miss a heck lot in chemistry if you don't study in the first 2 months. 9As are fine mate, your A level grades are what most people are after so if you do great in them, you'll do great. A levels isn't a one-day workout like O levels
i prepared for a few subs in O levels in just 2 weeks and still got an A*
it doesn't matter ...but i must say A level in not a mean feat ......9 subs is a good choice in o levels if they r popular in the current and future market of jobs and fields

Reaction score
no

that was an example
i don't have the guts to take "26" subs

only 16 o level and 7 a levels or maybe 8 soon