• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra O level Subjects? Urgent help please!

Reaction score
There is only a week left to apply for CIE May/June O level exams. I wanted to give extra subjects. Does anyone have any suggestions? Like Environmental Management,commerce is what I was thinking. Which are easiest? HELP FAST PLEASE.

Reaction score
Depends on how much work you can do, how are your remaining subs? If they are nearly complete and ready, you can venture for extras
If you are a business student then commerce will be very easy while science ones prefer EM
you could have given stats but its in oct/nov only

Reaction score
Environmental Management, Sociology, Commerce, Computer studies, ICT (You will need help with Practicals, maybe).

Definitely the easiest subjects. ^

Stats is also easy, but it's only available in October-November session.

If you good at reading and memorizing then ''World History'' might also be an option, but it's lengthy, and seemed boring to me, so i dropped.

But note, the difficult of these subjects, is not something that can be determined.
I mean, it's different for every student.
Some students study Environmental Management for 2 whole years, and still end up with a B.
Others, finish it in a week, get an A*.

It all depends on you. How good you are. That's all there is to it.
That's all life is about.

Take the subjects, the number of subjects you can manage, and Good Luck.

Reaction score
Depends on how much work you can do, how are your remaining subs? If they are nearly complete and ready, you can venture for extras
If you are a business student then commerce will be very easy while science ones prefer EM
you could have given stats but its in oct/nov only

I don't have other subjects. Already gave 8. Now I want to do more while Im doing A level. NOT AS so no need to tell me it will effect my other exams. And I took business,econ,accounting in O levels.
Now tell me best options to prepare in 3 months.

Reaction score
Environmental Management, Sociology, Commerce, Computer studies, ICT (You will need help with Practicals, maybe).

Definitely the easiest subjects. ^

Stats is also easy, but it's only available in October-November session.

If you good at reading and memorizing then ''World History'' might also be an option, but it's lengthy, and seemed boring to me, so i dropped.

But note, the difficult of these subjects, is not something that can be determined.
I mean, it's different for every student.
Some students study Environmental Management for 2 whole years, and still end up with a B.
Others, finish it in a week, get an A*.

It all depends on you. How good you are. That's all there is to it.
That's all life is about.

Take the subjects, the number of subjects you can manage, and Good Luck.

What is the difference between computer studies and ICT?
And what was your experience? Did you take any of these subjects?

Reaction score
What is the difference between computer studies and ICT?
And what was your experience? Did you take any of these subjects?

Sociology; Took it recently before Midterms. Had never studied it before, since i'm in O3. Read a chapter, a week before. Then another chapter, once. Spent only about 8 hours total on this subject, in the whole time before exam. Then before the night of the exam, read the selective chapters and crammed stuff, and got A*, somehow. You need good writing skills, for this subject. If you can make a lot of points, and extend writing, then this is the subject for you.

Environmental Management; Literally, didn't read a single word. Not even on the exam day. Went for the exam, my Midterm. Got a B. Paper 2 is case-study, that is almost general knowledge stuff. No concepts about EM are required. I got 54/60 in that, nothing from the book is asked here. Literally, everything you need to attempt the paper is given on the first page. Paper 1 was is a bit conceptual, needs studying. I got 87/120 in Paper 1. I got a B, that's good enough, without studying. If i can get a B, by not even reading the book, you can a distinction by studying it for the next 4 months, if you want. :p

ICT; This is an IGCSE subject. There is the Theory paper, which has a total of 8 chapters. That's it. Not at all lengthy. My friend told me a website, i read a chapter a day, for a week. Read again, the night before Midterm exam. Got 92/100 in that paper. So it is simple. But i prepared nothing for the Practical papers, so skipped them both. Got zeros in them, and an E grade. So i'm planning to learn the practical stuff from the school teacher, for the May-June 2014 exams. Since, you are doing only O-Level, and your school doesn't offer ICT, i don't recommend this, although it is possible.

Computer Studies; I haven't studied this. Bought the book though. It's super easy. Short book. No practical. Only theory stuff. Can be prepared in a month, to get A*. I dropped it.

Commerce; You're a Business student, so you don't even need to study it. Read some notes before the exam, and it's an easy A* or A.

But whatever happens, definitely take Commerce, that's your easiest subject, since you're a Business student.

Reaction score
Sociology; Took it recently before Midterms. Had never studied it before, since i'm in O3. Read a chapter, a week before. Then another chapter, once. Spent only about 8 hours total on this subject, in the whole time before exam. Then before the night of the exam, read the selective chapters and crammed stuff, and got A*, somehow. You need good writing skills, for this subject. If you can make a lot of points, and extend writing, then this is the subject for you.

Environmental Management; Literally, didn't read a single word. Not even on the exam day. Went for the exam, my Midterm. Got a B. Paper 2 is case-study, that is almost general knowledge stuff. No concepts about EM are required. I got 54/60 in that, nothing from the book is asked here. Literally, everything you need to attempt the paper is given on the first page. Paper 1 was is a bit conceptual, needs studying. I got 87/120 in Paper 1. I got a B, that's good enough, without studying. If i can get a B, by not even reading the book, you can a distinction by studying it for the next 4 months, if you want. :p

ICT; This is an IGCSE subject. There is the Theory paper, which has a total of 8 chapters. That's it. Not at all lengthy. My friend told me a website, i read a chapter a day, for a week. Read again, the night before Midterm exam. Got 92/100 in that paper. So it is simple. But i prepared nothing for the Practical papers, so skipped them both. Got zeros in them, and an E grade. So i'm planning to learn the practical stuff from the school teacher, for the May-June 2014 exams. Since, you are doing only O-Level, and your school doesn't offer ICT, i don't recommend this, although it is possible.

Computer Studies; I haven't studied this. Bought the book though. It's super easy. Short book. No practical. Only theory stuff. Can be prepared in a month, to get A*. I dropped it.

Commerce; You're a Business student, so you don't even need to study it. Read some notes before the exam, and it's an easy A* or A.

But whatever happens, definitely take Commerce, that's your easiest subject, since you're a Business student.

First of all thankyou so much for writing such a good and conceptual reply. I really appreciate helpful people like you.
I will take commerce definitely and EM.
You seem like a REALLY smart person by the way. Studying in one night or some hours for a subject and getting A's and B's is incredible! How did you do it? I get so stressed and worried and I dont even know if I can do these 2 subjects.

Reaction score
First of all thankyou so much for writing such a good and conceptual reply. I really appreciate helpful people like you.
I will take commerce definitely and EM.
You seem like a REALLY smart person by the way. Studying in one night or some hours for a subject and getting A's and B's is incredible! How did you do it? I get so stressed and worried and I dont even know if I can do these 2 subjects.

You need to finish that stress. That is the only way you can accomplish this task.
Believe in yourself, and work Hard.

If you truly believe that Allah will help you, then Nothing is impossible. He can make the impossible, possible.
With His help, what others take a month to do, you can do in a week. You just need to believe. That's all there is to life.

Commerce; Buy the Mary Trigwell Jones book. It is around 600 pages. It's lengthy. But it's Cambridge-endorsed. Go through it, in the upcoming months, and you will know all you need, for the exam. 60% stuff you would have already covered in Business studies and Economics. I know people who read some notes, and got an A, in it. But reading this book will guarantee an A*. You can also take help from Betsy Li book, which is around 200 pages. A smaller version. And then practice past papers. Do all the past papers for Paper 1, as they are repeated often. And some for Paper 2. And then that's it. A*.

Environmental Management; Go through the entire book. ''John Pallister'' is the author. Read the book, understand the concepts. Then solve past papers. That's it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You need to finish that stress. That is the only way you can accomplish this task.
Believe in yourself, and work Hard.

If you truly believe that Allah will help you, then Nothing is impossible. He can make the impossible, possible.
With His help, what others take a month to do, you can do in a week. You just need to believe. That's all there is to life.

Commerce; Buy the Mary Trigwell Jones book. It is around 600 pages. It's lengthy. But it's Cambridge-endorsed. Go through it, in the upcoming months, and you will know all you need, for the exam. 60% stuff you would have already covered in Business studies and Economics. I know people who read some notes, and got an A, in it. But reading this book will guarantee an A*. You can also take help from Betsy Li book, which is around 200 pages. A smaller version. And then practice past papers. Do all the past papers for Paper 1, as they are repeated often. And some for Paper 2. And then that's it. A*.

Environmental Management; Go through the entire book. ''John Pallister'' is the author. Read the book, understand the concepts. Then solve past papers. That's it.

Thankyou SO MUCH.
I'll apply today and follow that plan!
By the way,very off topic question but how do you believe in yourself and Allah and just work hard? I can do the working hard part but my belief is poor. And I get stressed very easily.

Reaction score
Thankyou SO MUCH.
By the way,very off topic question but how do you believe in yourself and Allah and just work hard? I can do the working hard part but my belief is poor. And I get stressed very easily.

I'm the opposite.
I trust blindly in Allah, and don't work hard, that much.
I take a lot of Risks.

''Faith is not believing that God can, it is knowing that He will''..

I just leave it all up-to Allah, since it is He who determines our fate.
Hard-work alone can lead to Success or Failure. It is an uncertain formula.

But if Hard-work, and Blind Faith come together, along with being smart, then that leads to ''Guaranteed success.''

If you freak out before even starting and go like ''I don't have much time, idk how i will do it, this is so hard, Omg 600 pages of the Commerce book, i'm doomed''.. That won't lead to anything good! :p

So try to stay away from that ''stress''. Hope for the best. And Believe that things will work out in the end, if you work hard and Trust in Him.

That's all there is to it. Commerce and Environmental Management will be a piece of cake for you. Everything in life will be easy! :D

Reaction score
Thankyou SO MUCH.
Ill be appearing for evm In mj session too , if u need some notes please lemme know :)