• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

exam are approaching...tips to be in shape(links for revision notes and stuff)

Reaction score
asalamualikum wr wb...

it had been very long time since i last started a thread, but i am again back for more help.
my tips and tricks are somehow specialized for IGCSE and a level..so please don't panic..just peace

TIPS:

the beginning of the course till the beginning of the revision:

• the most important thing(if you study at school) is to understand the lesson from the explanation of your teacher and if you are home studying then online courses can be a good choice for help
  • write notes...i actually think that 90% of the students would ignore note-taking as an important task because they think they understand the lesson,but that is not true...when you understand the lesson,the info are temporarily linked in your brain and there fore after sometime you will forget..notes help link your knowledge with them so when you will read them again your brain will automatically remember the explanation of the lesson
  • past papers,exercises and book question:after understanding you need to apply and remember your knowledge in theory so these are specially helpful , if you can do at least 2 pages of past papers from each subject daily,if you can;)
  • apply your knowledge in shape of activities and experiment it will help your undersanding and memorizing abilities and it is fun too
i know it is kind of weird why i am only talking about understanding and memorizing ,that is because it is the key for now, you will feel it when you will be able to revise easily

the beginning of revision till the last week before the exam:

• now lessons are complete and revision time started ,don't waste this important time because you don't want to cuss and fuss before the exam
  • open your dusty notes and read them they make a good shortcut for studying and good way of remembering faster
  • download a revision guide of your subject , it is fully guided and comprehensive which will ease your hard work and make it more useful
  • increase the amount of past papers you solve,if you do 2 now 4 or 6 ,if you do 4 or 6 now do 10, don't forget to have mark schemes to know where the marks are given
  • do revision with your friends,it will help ,but don't make is a party ,remember you want to study :mad:
  • do short periods revision ,for example instead of studying 10 hours continuously do it in 2 hours periods and take a break
  • when you take a break, do something social like talking to a friend or family or even walk ,it will help organize your ideas
  • do your revision and studying activity until the day of exam no more non-sense:confused:
the last week before exam till the night before exam:
  • i know that this time is the worst time in the year but you can contain it easily if you were doing your study through the term
  • don't do study over your power,just do a little more than normal for the certain subject or do more i don't care it is up to you
  • relax and relax,it is only exam you are not going to die,i think:p
  • just continue your study as above but more concentrated
  • remove anything that distract you like your iphone, tab or whatever study in a room without distractions the time of studying depends on you,either early bird or night owl.
  • check your syllabus and any terms and conditions of the exams
night before the exam:
  • now you are done you should pray to Allah and suplicate to him(you should do that at any time of the course)
  • check what you need:calculator,graph paper,ID card and so on
  • read the rules and the timings of the exam
  • know where the exam is
  • have a good sleep ,you have a good work tomorrow
THE EXAM DAY:
  • take a good breakfast
  • reach before the exam to prepare your self mentally
  • take a few deep breath and start
  • plan your time
  • drink some water,not much,you don't wanna go bathroom and waste time
  • give certain time for each question
  • don't cheat ,certainly Allah will not help cheaters
  • finish the exam then revise your answer
  • when you give the paper ,don't panic to see your answers are correct or no it may make you depressed and so you can't do good in the next exam
  • relax and think positively, after exam you will enjoy
thanks for reading,exams are finished in this timeline and don't be sad with bad marks ,but improve and be happy with good marks

links for books;
www.gceguide.com

links for notes
www.studyguide.pk

everything is there

asalamualilum wr wb

Last edited:
Reaction score
asalamualikum wr wb...
as i said i will be adding notes after 100 replies thanks again for reading (and may be i will add books...who knows...)
IF you want to add notes,add them don't make demands,you are making yourself look like a idiot.A guy did this and got brutally butchered by comments and later got ip banned so yeah don't be like that guy.
Have em share em

Reaction score
*cough* *cough* why you are being such rude to me, i just want people to read and get benefit , for that i need their response,

Reaction score
asalamualikum wr wb...

it had been very long time since i last started a thread, but i am again back for more help.
my tips and tricks are somehow specialized for IGCSE and a level..so please don't panic..just peace

TIPS:

the beginning of the course till the beginning of the revision:

• the most important thing(if you study at school) is to understand the lesson from the explanation of your teacher and if you are home studying then online courses can be a good choice for help
  • write notes...i actually think that 90% of the students would ignore note-taking as an important task because they think they understand the lesson,but that is not true...when you understand the lesson,the info are temporarily linked in your brain and there fore after sometime you will forget..notes help link your knowledge with them so when you will read them again your brain will automatically remember the explanation of the lesson
  • past papers,exercises and book question:after understanding you need to apply and remember your knowledge in theory so these are specially helpful , if you can do at least 2 pages of past papers from each subject daily,if you can;)
  • apply your knowledge in shape of activities and experiment it will help your undersanding and memorizing abilities and it is fun too
i know it is kind of weird why i am only talking about understanding and memorizing ,that is because it is the key for now, you will feel it when you will be able to revise easily

the beginning of revision till the last week before the exam:

• now lessons are complete and revision time started ,don't waste this important time because you don't want to cuss and fuss before the exam
  • open your dusty notes and read them they make a good shortcut for studying and good way of remembering faster
  • download a revision guide of your subject , it is fully guided and comprehensive which will ease your hard work and make it more useful
  • increase the amount of past papers you solve,if you do 2 now 4 or 6 ,if you do 4 or 6 now do 10, don't forget to have mark schemes to know where the marks are given
  • do revision with your friends,it will help ,but don't make is a party ,remember you want to study :mad:
  • do short periods revision ,for example instead of studying 10 hours continuously do it in 2 hours periods and take a break
  • when you take a break, do something social like talking to a friend or family or even walk ,it will help organize your ideas
  • do your revision and studying activity until the day of exam no more non-sense:confused:
the last week before exam till the night before exam:
  • i know that this time is the worst time in the year but you can contain it easily if you were doing your study through the term
  • don't do study over your power,just do a little more than normal for the certain subject or do more i don't care it is up to you
  • relax and relax,it is only exam you are not going to die,i think:p
  • just continue your study as above but more concentrated
  • remove anything that distract you like your iphone, tab or whatever study in a room without distractions the time of studying depends on you,either early bird or night owl.
  • check your syllabus and any terms and conditions of the exams
night before the exam:
  • now you are done you should pray to Allah and suplicate to him(you should do that at any time of the course)
  • check what you need:calculator,graph paper,ID card and so on
  • read the rules and the timings of the exam
  • know where the exam is
  • have a good sleep ,you have a good work tomorrow
THE EXAM DAY:
  • take a good breakfast
  • reach before the exam to prepare your self mentally
  • take a few deep breath and start
  • plan your time
  • drink some water,not much,you don't wanna go bathroom and waste time
  • give certain time for each question
  • don't cheat ,certainly Allah will not help cheaters
  • finish the exam then revise your answer
  • when you give the paper ,don't panic to see your answers are correct or no it may make you depressed and so you can't do good in the next exam
  • relax and think positively, after exam you will enjoy
thanks for reading,exams are finished in this timeline and don't be sad with bad marks ,but improve and be happy with good marks

as i said i will be adding notes after 100 replies thanks again for reading (and may be i will add books...who knows...);)

asalamualilum wr wb
Good tips, but you probably shouldn't wait for 100 replies to add notes! :p