• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ESL HELP NEEDED!

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm taking ESL this november, so can anyone, from those who scored A or A*, tell me what good novels to read in order to improve my English?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I started learning English a bit less than 3 years ago. I only knew how to count and greet back then. Now I achieved an A in First Language English.

I didn't actually read books to improve my English. I read web articles written in English. Any English books are grammatically correct so you can read any book you like. English articles are correct most of the time if the website is a famous one like BBC, The New Scientist etc. I found reading books was a bit too hard and I gave up so many times when I was still bad at English, but I found articles easier to finish reading since they are much shorter, and they give an additional knowledge other than English as well.
I'd recommend you to read news article, science article, technology article...whatever genre you like. It's important to note that ESL papers do not ask for narrative essays (stories). They ask for report, summary etc, so articles give more practice for the paper than reading a book does.

Reaction score
k so i have jst 5 monthes left in my exams and i want to leave last 1 month for rivision so plz some one guide in my plan to get A*

Reaction score
I started learning English a bit less than 3 years ago. I only knew how to count and greet back then. Now I achieved an A in First Language English.

I didn't actually read books to improve my English. I read web articles written in English. Any English books are grammatically correct so you can read any book you like. English articles are correct most of the time if the website is a famous one like BBC, The New Scientist etc. I found reading books was a bit too hard and I gave up so many times when I was still bad at English, but I found articles easier to finish reading since they are much shorter, and they give an additional knowledge other than English as well.
I'd recommend you to read news article, science article, technology article...whatever genre you like. It's important to note that ESL papers do not ask for narrative essays (stories). They ask for report, summary etc, so articles give more practice for the paper than reading a book does.
Thanks a lot bro :)

Reaction score
I've made a website to help students like me to access past papers faster. Check out signature below and share with friends.

P.S. I made it for myself earlier this year and got amazing reviews from friends and so I made it publicly available.