• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Equivlance with A*

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a few questions.

Got my A levels result in August. 2 A*s in Physics and Biology and an A in chemistry.

I just got my equivalence from IBCC and they gave 945/1100 which is 85.9.
Now the thing is that if they are considering A* at 90% and A at 85% then shouldn't my equivalence marks be a bit more?

Because if I had 3 As it still would have been 85% right? (I have straight 8 As in O Levels and its equivalence is 85%)

Would appreciate if someone can clarify or quote IBCC's formula.

P.S I asked the guy at IBCC the same questions but the a**hole gave no answer.

Reaction score
O-level
8 x 85 = 680 total

A-level
2 x 90=180
1 x 85=85

A-level = 265

grand total = 256 + 680 =945

945/1100 x100 = 85.9

everything is perfect :)

Reaction score
I see, its the O Levels thats lowering my marks. Yeah your right, because A* was introduced one year after I did O Levels.

Anyways, thanks for your help guys.

Reaction score
yar u r goin for medical with this combination i guess.RYT?
so i was wondering k apka entry test i mean MCAT mein konse marks liye honge since result of a level came late.70%fsc marks r counted as u knw.
it appears 2 me a mystery.kindly reply aur anybody else who knws cn reply!

Reaction score
Yeah, Fahad, I too would like to know how many marks did you score on your non Fsc MCAT this year.

Reaction score
i scored 858 in my alevels mcat.. i gave edexcel o levels.. u think their conversion will be different?

Reaction score
ammadb tell me k mcat mei fsc equivaalent marks jo letay hain us mei a level ka bhi tou involvemnt hay na so i was wonderin k aapka rxlt tou entry test k bad aya tou apke konse mrx liye hongee.

Reaction score
Fahad, you have straight As in O and A level and you just got 858 on your MCAT. It's a commendable score, no doubt, but in which medical school were you able to get admission with these marks?

By the way, I'd also like to know, as I intend to pursue the same career path, that was this year's non Fsc MCAT a bit biased? For example, were there MCQs from the Fsc syllabus and/or were there questions out of the A Level syllabus?