• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

environmental management oct 2013

Reaction score
Take a chill pill.
I don't think EM requires any prep. I had it in my O'level. It's basically very conceptual.
You should know how to plot graphs.
One thing more, just solve 2-3 year past papers because the questions rarely get repeated so they'll enough for your practice.
yeah i can see it is conceptual, the thing is, as i mentioned i can't understand the questionnare waley questions.
p.s can anyone help me with nov 2011 Q1 b) part i) and iii)? pretty please...
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Environmental Management (5014)/5014_w11_qp_22.pdf

Reaction score
yeah i can see it is conceptual, the thing is, as i mentioned i can't understand the questionnare waley questions.
p.s can anyone help me with nov 2011 Q1 b) part i) and iii)? pretty please...
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Environmental Management (5014)/5014_w11_qp_22.pdf

As for the Q1 b) i) you have to mention two reasons:
1) Prices may fall during some months of year.
2) Soil may get exhausted.

iii) part: You have to write three reasons.
1) Provides more food for a farmer, hence a balanced diet.
2) Crop rotation.
3) This way soil doesn't runs out of nutrients.

Reaction score
I was all blank so had to first understand the questions myself.
it is okay :) but thanks loads :D jazakallah :)
what i thought for part i) was: mango trees are big so competition for sunlight o_O and i feel so stupid -_-
plus, for part iii) can't we write that the waste of chicken can be used as fertiliser? it is not given in the marking scheme but it is so for mixed farming and what has balanced diet got to do with sustainable farming?
*feeling dumb*

Reaction score
:LOL:
Abby, I am serious. Help me, A* na aya tou tumhari naak kat jaye gi. After all, you are my teacher. :3

Oh jaa bhai ja. Mai? Teacher? Phah.
Student aap jaisa, teacher khudkhusi kar bethey ga :p

Reaction score
Oh jaa bhai ja. Mai? Teacher? Phah.
Student aap jaisa, teacher khudkhusi kar bethey ga :p

HAHAHA. xD
Phir bhi, you guided me a lot. :D
No, actually it's the other way round. Some teachers are 'dheet' so their student may suicide. :p

Reaction score
it is okay :) but thanks loads :D jazakallah :)
what i thought for part i) was: mango trees are big so competition for sunlight o_O and i feel so stupid -_-
plus, for part iii) can't we write that the waste of chicken can be used as fertiliser? it is not given in the marking scheme but it is so for mixed farming and what has balanced diet got to do with sustainable farming?
*feeling dumb*

Yes, you can mention the point about chickens.

Don't include the point about 'balanced diet'. You can say that soil may lack nutrients and get exhausted.

Reaction score
Yes, you can mention the point about chickens.

Don't include the point about 'balanced diet'. You can say that soil may lack nutrients and get exhausted.

and ermm.. when we are given the questions to fill the questionnaire then is it necessary to write the same type of question as given in 1st question as an example? for example in nov-2011 Q3ci) the 1st two questions given in the example are pre-coded so is it necessary for us to write same type of question?

Reaction score
Indeed.

I took no help from either a teacher or a book, so yeah, just the book should suffice. And this isn't just me, I know a lot of other people (primarily, batchmates ho did the same)

okay thanks!! how did you prepare for this subject?

Reaction score
i also can't understand nov 2011 Q3bi) :'(
am i annoying you :eek:

All you have to do is, draw a road (whichever direction) which can take the tourists to fishing village.
3 trails( trails are path made for people to travel. You can draw three trails that take them to three different place. I would suggest you to draw three trails which take them to three villages as shown in the map.

No, you are not. Feel free to ask anything.

Reaction score
and ermm.. when we are given the questions to fill the questionnaire then is it necessary to write the same type of question as given in 1st question as an example? for example in nov-2011 Q3ci) the 1st two questions given in the example are pre-coded so is it necessary for us to write same type of question?

Yeah.
If the questions mentioned as an example are 'pre-coded' then you have to write the next 2-3 in the form of pre-coded questionnaire as well. If they are 'open ended' then write the rest of the questions in the same manner.

Reaction score
Yeah.
If the questions mentioned as an example are 'pre-coded' then you have to write the next 2-3 in the form of pre-coded questionnaire as well. If they are 'open ended' then write the rest of the questions in the same manner.

jazakallah :)
i need a little help again: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...onmental Management (5014)/5014_s11_qp_22.pdf
Q2 di) i can't understand these type of questions as well can you tell me the tip to solve these and explain the answer to this?