• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english report and account

Reaction score
what is the difference between report and account? does 'reporting' mean writing like the newspapers (plain, no feelings, no opinion, no descriptive words or narrative events???)

Reaction score
Report- Account same thing
To
From
Date
Subject
----------------------
---------------------
-------------------
Signature

Reporting could be either a report or writing a report in the newspaper.
Remember to keep these facts in mind when writing a newspaper article.
-Do not create sensation.
-Keep facts straight and plain out.
-No descriptions or slang.
-Use very very very formal language like "Officials say the incident occured near Churchill Boulevard at approximate 7:23 a.m."
-No feelings
-No personal opinion
-No narratives
-FACTS FACTS FACTS! That's the only thing :D (And information)

Reaction score
Account does not have a format. You write straight away! Report has the format mentioned above by Rafae.

Reaction score
abcde said:
Account does not have a format. You write straight away! Report has the format mentioned above by Rafae.
Yeah i agree...but u hve to keep in view...sumtimes the question itself describes a sort of pattern 4 the account...! :)

Reaction score
i don't get it...
almost all the papers say in account, reports and letters... Start with "Dear madam or Sir" or "To the Principle".

Do we have to write the rest of the format in this or just go on with the body of the letter after writing this?

Like start a report with "to the principle"... how would we write that?

Reaction score
I think the best way to go with that is to write the format, unless it says something like
write an account
begin with "to the police: an accident that occured on..."
only then, don't include the format, otherwise, to me it sounds safer using one..

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
i thought we could add sensations in account
No....not at all....reports and accounts are narrations of true happenings...jst giv the facts and sign off...i tried using a casual language in my mock and entered sensationalism like putting in the words 'guess what', 'whoa', 'and then-oh my God' and it led me to losing marks..!! This is surely not sumthing to put in ur creativity.!
Brains said:
i don't get it...
almost all the papers say in account, reports and letters... Start with "Dear madam or Sir" or "To the Principle".

Do we have to write the rest of the format in this or just go on with the body of the letter after writing this?

Like start a report with "to the principle"... how would we write that?
I jxt talked to my tchr abt dat and she said that the examiner doesnt fuss much abt the pattern bcuz there are students 4m whole world giving the pprs and every area has its own format...so do as directed...start like(e.g)

To the principal

The incident in the library occured on 4th May at about 12 p.m.....

Hope it helps..!! :)