• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 32!

Reaction score
hii guys well ny idea or predictions fr myt b der in the paper 2mw as in wat topic can likely c0me..????

Reaction score
Hahaha I was wondering how to start a thread about this! Anyway! I'm so glad you people also study English as a First Language because sadly I never had proper lessons...I usually get in the 40s/50 in this thing (waaaay better than paper 2 rubbish). But I advise you to:
*check more sophisticated words in a thesaurus (There are ones online) for synonyms of words considered 'babyish'.

*Um, don't use 'flowery' language as they call it.

*Try searching up how to write formal reports, newspaper articles, diary entries...etc.

*Always remember to indent and paragraph.

*Be neat, and by being near, your handwriting mustn't worsen throughout the paper or display any sign of you being careless and tired.

*ALWAYS double check. You may think that you've written everything well and all...but you may forget small words like 'of' and you may also forget conjunctions!

*Don't overuse commas.

*Always explain some of your thoughts. (mentioned in your writing.)

*Just ask yourself Why? How? Where? Who? ...stuff like that!

OKAY GOOD LUCK :) PEACE!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Always go for Persuasive/Expository writing. The first two choices are usually on this genre. That's the highest scoring one. If you have a good grip over all the 3-4 genres, this should be your first choice.

Reaction score
Always go for Persuasive/Expository writing. The first two choices are usually on this genre. That's the highest scoring one. If you have a good grip over all the 3-4 genres, this should be your first choice.
You mean for the free composition?Which part?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the types of questions that may come for the directed writing question. I know that a letter, article, dialogue, editorial and diary entry may come but what else?? Thank you.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the types of questions that may come for the directed writing question. I know that a letter, article, dialogue, editorials, diary entries will come but what else?? Thank you.
It can alsso be an interview, news report, official report, persuasive and argumentative writing.

Reaction score
Hahaha I was wondering how to start a thread about this! Anyway! I'm so glad you people also study English as a First Language because sadly I never had proper lessons...I usually get in the 40s/50 in this thing (waaaay better than paper 2 rubbish). But I advise you to:
*check more sophisticated words in a thesaurus (There are ones online) for synonyms of words considered 'babyish'.

*Try searching up how to write formal reports, newspaper articles, diary entries...etc.

*Be neat, and by being near, your handwriting mustn't worsen throughout the paper or display any sign of you being careless and tired.

*ALWAYS double check. You may think that you've written everything well and all...but you may forget small words like 'of' and you may also forget conjunctions!

*Don't overuse commas.

*Don't overuse commas.

do you get points taken off if your handwritting gets worse?! :(

Reaction score

Well I don't know to be honest.

"Have a pen (and a spare) for the exam with which you can write legibly and neatly. It is
good policy to get the examiner on your side with a well-presented script. Often untidy
writing is associated with poor spelling and punctuation."

This is written in an examiner's guide thing... Well, obviously they want it to be neat. Just TRY to not allow your handwriting to weaken. Try to make it remain consistent throughout the paper. :) Okay good luck.

Reaction score

Well I don't know to be honest.

"Have a pen (and a spare) for the exam with which you can write legibly and neatly. It is
good policy to get the examiner on your side with a well-presented script. Often untidy
writing is associated with poor spelling and punctuation."

This is written in an examiner's guide thing... Well, obviously they want it to be neat. Just TRY to not allow your handwriting to weaken. Try to make it remain consistent throughout the paper. :) Okay good luck.

GUYS WHATS THE WORD LIMIT FOR QUESTION 2 ????
ANSWER ASAP PLEASE !

Reaction score
I think if you exceed just a little, it's fine..However if you write a lot more than the maximum words asked for then your marks are most like to be duducted.I would advice you to write within the limit as it is the safest option.

Reaction score
I think if you exceed just a little, it's fine..However if you write a lot more than the maximum words asked for then your marks are most like to be duducted.I would advice you to write within the limit as it is the safest option.

thank you for your help :)
BTW what are you planning to do in question 2?

Reaction score
The first two topics. Choose one of them. I'm talking about Question 2 of Paper 3. English First Language.
Do you mean the discursive/argumentative essays ?I am seriously thinking these days the topics for argumentative are easy to counter...