• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english paper 3 variant 1 and paper 2 variant 1...ur thoughts?

Reaction score
I found it ok...paper 2 was actually quite hard for me(there were like 3 different storms)..i hope im not wrong cos i wrote about how he survived tht storm he put in his final diary entry...i thought that was the 'big storm' they were talking about...anyway wat did u guys think???..nd predicted grade thresholds??

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I didnt write about each storm separately..I just wrote it generally.

Reaction score
varient 2
we had to write an article based on air travel... 2 case studies provided one said air travel was the largest contributor of CO2
the other said its opposite
so u had to basically write an article on the heading provided the real truth of air travel or somethinbg like dat
overall not bad

Reaction score
Okay, so I think the thing was talking about the ONE storm, that had occurred as the writer was writing. The one that flooded his house. And he was recalling the other two. I may be wrong mind you. Question: were we supposed to write in columns? Because I sure didn't. I used subheadings.

Reaction score
Okay, so I think the thing was talking about the ONE storm, that had occurred as the writer was writing. The one that flooded his house. And he was recalling the other two. I may be wrong mind you. Question: were we supposed to write in columns? Because I sure didn't. I used subheadings.
There was no need to write in columns or write any subheadings. We just had to use that one heading that they gave us and write it lyk a story. Ithink thats it. If im not wrong in an article u just hav to ryt 1 heading and u sign off with ur name at the bottom. Well thats what i did.

Reaction score
There was no need to write in columns or write any subheadings. We just had to use that one heading that they gave us and write it lyk a story. Ithink thats it. If im not wrong in an article u just hav to ryt 1 heading and u sign off with ur name at the bottom. Well thats what i did.
I wrote one heading as well but I did not sign off...nd did u tawk bout all storms generally or a specific storm?

Reaction score
I wrote one heading as well but I did not sign off...nd did u tawk bout all storms generally or a specific storm?
Look, I'm not sure about that. Just try to write it in a newspaper format, that is a subheadig or 2, short paragraphs(2-3 sentences at most), and signing off is kinda optional, and I don't think it's necessary. But preferable if you do. As I said, I may be mistaken. I don't really like talking about exams after I write them. It scares me :D

Reaction score
Look, I'm not sure about that. Just try to write it in a newspaper format, that is a subheadig or 2, short paragraphs(2-3 sentences at most), and signing off is kinda optional, and I don't think it's necessary. But preferable if you do. As I said, I may be mistaken. I don't really like talking about exams after I write them. It scares me :D
So did u write about one specific storm or all storms generally?u have any idea wat we r supposed to do?

Reaction score
I talked about the storm which he wrote about in his second diary entry. Where the writer said that he was not sure if he was gona b alive and the water was all over the small place. I think thats th e1 we were supposed 2 write about

Reaction score
I talked about the storm which he wrote about in his second diary entry. Where the writer said that he was not sure if he was gona b alive and the water was all over the small place. I think thats th e1 we were supposed 2 write about
I wrote generally..Will loose a lot of marks for that :(

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I didnt write about each storm separately..I just wrote it generally.
i actually think u may be right!i think thats what u were supposed to do!urgh!!!...that thing was by far the most confusing passage ive read(nd ive done lots of past papers)

Reaction score
We have to write about the the storm he was currently facing not the storms he recalled!

Reaction score
We have to write about the the storm he was currently facing not the storms he recalled!
so was i right wen i wrote about the storm he was currently facing in my last paragraph but then i wrote about how he survived his previous storms(cos if i remember correctly they told us to write about how he lived his life)

Reaction score
so was i right wen i wrote about the storm he was currently facing in my last paragraph but then i wrote about how he survived his previous storms(cos if i remember correctly they told us to write about how he lived his life)
Yet but the questions were general asking what happened to his surrounding and the fisherman-in that case buildings were destroyed, the peace disrupted in that village etc.After that, they asked about why he was stubborn not to leave-in that case i wrote that he wanted to show that he could survive such ordeals, there was chances of him feeling loyal to that place and he was obstinate etc...Nexrt, I just wrote what was likely to happen in the future in my own words....so I guess I gave a general view towards everything.

Reaction score
I just gave a little background history about the other storms but i mainly oncentrated on the current storm cuz thats how we write a report... first give a general view about the current situation answering all the who's what's when's where's why's.... then tell the bacckground leading to the main topic....then write the present thing that is the current situation of the storm and the victims...then write about the witnesses and finally write a litte about the future........so in the background leading to the story i wrote about how he survived the previous storms etc