• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2

Reaction score
Assalam o alaikum..
ppl plz tell me that in comprehension part, do we have to answer questions in our own words or we can copy paste???

Reaction score
Its best to lift the lines from the passage given. But make sure that you kind of mould the answer to fit the question, don't just copy and paste it.
Furthermore, watch out for the own words questions, your supposed to locate the key words in those and change those key weirds with your own synonyms. Other than that, yes, you can lift.

Reaction score
ohk.. means if we exactly write the words of the passage, it doesn't make any difference unless we r asked to use our own words...
Is it that own words r more credited????

Reaction score
i think that it is written on top that write the ans in ur own words......dont remember it correctly but pretty sure thats it.....
:D

Reaction score
Own words are only credited in the 'own words' questions. Otherwise, it doesn't make a difference if you use own words or not.
In questions that do not require own words, just avoid using them as you will make less mistakes.

Reaction score
Lifting lines is OK, but not if in excess (otherwise you probably get a 0). In own words questions, normally they expect you to find the 'key words' and replace them with appropriate synonyms. If you see the marking scheme you will get what I mean.