• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 2 discussion!

Reaction score
answer my one good question, how often u read, ur teachers and classmates mark schemes??
i

it does not say that writing MORE THAN 15 POINTS IS OF NO USE...i wrote more points in my mox nd my teacher never warned me or anyother class fellow...perheps u should have full INformation before u condemn sumone or sumthing! firstly i have never heard such a thing...
secondly u too are a student and r simply an amateur giving his opinion

Reaction score
i

it does not say that writing MORE THAN 15 POINTS IS OF NO USE...i wrote more points in my mox nd my teacher never warned me or anyother class fellow...perheps u should have full INformation before u condemn sumone or sumthing! firstly i have never heard such a thing...
secondly u too are a student and r simply an amateur giving his opinion
LOL are you kidding?? You're not reading what mark schemes states, and still think you are right. Isn't it ridiculous??

Reaction score
wow, you are living in a bubble of complete foolhardiness and ignorance. Read this : http://maxpapers.com/syllabus-materials/english-1123/attachment/1123_w13_ms_21/ These marking scheme for passage A are valid for every year's one!! Examiners are strongly instructed to mark only 15 points then stop!!
My friend, your statement is a true reflection of your level of English.
First of all it doesn't say stop :p
Secondly, it says 'MARK TO A MAX OF 15' which basically means that do not award more than 15
Thirdly, if we really were restricted to writing 15 points,why does the marking scheme give more than 15 :p
Basically, you write more points in order to cover up for marks lost. Yes when you get the first 15 points correct, then he will obviously not check the rest ;p
Plus are you the examiner? No, you are not. So you can't just assume from thin air that the examiner will check the first 15 only.

Reaction score
My friend, your statement is a true reflection of your level of English.
First of all it doesn't say stop :p
Secondly, it says 'MARK TO A MAX OF 15' which basically means that do not award more than 15
Thirdly, if we really were restricted to writing 15 points,why does the marking scheme give more than 15 :p
Basically, you write more points in order to cover up for marks lost. Yes when you get the first 15 points correct, then he will obviously not check the rest ;p
Plus are you the examiner? No, you are not. So you can't just assume from thin air that the examiner will check the first 15 only.
Nor can you assume that he'll check any more than the first 15.....As for the points in the MS being more than 15 that's just a list of ALL the valid points and does in no way mean that if you write all of them that they'll check nore than 15

Reaction score
Nor can you assume that he'll check any more than the first 15.....As for the points in the MS being more than 15 that's just a list of ALL the valid points and does in no way mean that if you write all of them that they'll check nore than 15
if the first 15 points r correct,the examiner won't check more than that.but if one has written,for example,20 points & first 5 of them r wrong while the other 15 correct,then the candidate will be awarded 15 marks.this means that writing more than 15 points benefits the candidate.