• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English P2!

Reaction score
Koi english kay tips bata sakta hai about English Paper II?
What happens if we come across a hard word in the vocabulary section, or even the own words question, that we do not know how to rephrase.
Secondly, what happens if the word limit is exceeded in the summary.
I am looking for guidance; it will be greatly appreciated by me, and others too I suppose.
Thanks Alot.

Reaction score
One tip I have got for you is to get your vocabulary and your spellings correct. There is no such word as ALOT in English. I suppose you meant A LOT. So get your English right and you will be on your way for getting an A*.

Reaction score
Here are a few tips..

General tips (most of these if not all are for passage 2):

- Practice a few comprehension past papers if you haven't already (I know the pattern has changed, but the difficulty is probably the same). I have done most past papers from 2003-2010 and they have helped me significantly.
- Read the questions thoroughly and remember that the space provided should be ample for the answer. You shouldn't need to go beyond that. On that note, If you don't understand a question, skip it and come back to it later.
- Always attempt the five vocabulary words you find the easiest or are fully sure of. Study how the words are used in the sentences. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out their meanings if you read the sentences carefully enough.
- Like arlery said, always stay optimistic!

Summary tips:

- Stay within the word limit and aim for your summary to be about 150-160 words. It's a disaster if you realise you've exceeded the limit only when you're done so plan carefully. Try to fit relevant points into a single sentence.
- Generalise stuff. For example, take this sentence: The farmer grew maize, barley, wheat, millet and rice. It can be shortened to: The farmer grew cereals (or crops).
- Remember that you need to focus on tenses, grammar, own words and punctuation and not just content.
- Do practice a few summaries before entering the examination hall.

Reaction score
I have practised A TON of comprehensions from 2003-2010.
I remain constant at 23/25 and cannot exceed that.
However, today when I was solving a paper from 2002, it was pretty hard, and I just gave up.
I guess older papers are harder.

Reaction score
Man Insh'Allah kal ka paper easy aye ga for English. Really hoping for that!

Reaction score
Lets take it this way... Watever comes tomorrow, it isnt going to worry me a sweat :p I'M THE BOMB :D LOL