• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english P2.....help needed.

Reaction score
Plz can anyone one tell me that what is the maximum and minimum number of content points to be written in english P2.
Plzzz. :?

Reaction score
i think minimum 15 points and maximum is how many u can find................

Reaction score
yeah this is the confusion.....in mark schemes of specimen papers they have given 20 or 21...
i heard that more than 15 will not be even seen by examiners.... :cry:

Reaction score
Excess than 15- First 15 will be read
Make sure all your points are in the box. Any sentence fitting outside the box will be considered not part of your content points. Therefore, you can loose your mark.

Reaction score
Ayesha Navaid said:
yeah this is the confusion.....in mark schemes of specimen papers they have given 20 or 21...

No its not like that... My teacher always said that try writing one or two extra... Its better.... Question paper says "You will be awarded up to 15 marks for content points." The question isn't like write 15 points... So write more than 15... Min is 15!

Reaction score
rafae said:
Excess than 15- First 15 will be read
Make sure all your points are in the box. Any sentence fitting outside the box will be considered not part of your content points. Therefore, you can loose your mark.
so u mean that more than 15 are not read?????

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
Ayesha Navaid said:

No its not like that... My teacher always said that try writing one or two extra... Its better.... Question paper says "You will be awarded up to 15 marks for content points." The question isn't like write 15 points... So write more than 15... Min is 15!
oh....then i think i should write more than 15 in order to cover all important points.....
:cry: :cry: :cry: this is really getting worse.

Reaction score
Ayesha and Captain.
Think about it, if you have 21 points, how are you going to fit them all in the boxes? Keep the fact in mind that if you write outside the box, you will not have enough space to finish your points.
Also, remember the fact that you cannot possibly fit 21 points in a 160 word summary.
It is a 15 mark question and 15 content points will get you 15 marks.
The number of points you write after 15 won't be checked.
So I suggest, if you want to satisfy yourself then write the important points as your first 15 then include the excess later if they can fit in the box.

Reaction score
Ayesha Navaid said:
oh....then i think i should write more than 15 in order to cover all important points.....
:cry: :cry: :cry: this is really getting worse.

Its not.... Don't make it hard for yourself... Take it easy...:) And yeah try writing more then 15... There are always more then 15 in the passage...

Reaction score
Well my tchr too said and she contacted the examiner 4 it and they said that students can write up2 as maximum points as they can..!!
But dat doesnt mean u hve to writ 22 pts...i tried writing them in my mock and my writing was just microscopic nd the ppr was messy...!!
So write jxt 17-18 pts...4 a safe side...and use only 15 pts u think are sure of in ur summary odrwise if u try 2 write 'em all it will get lenghty and marks wont b grantd 4 wrong pts..!!
Hope it helps....==!! :mrgreen:

Reaction score
rafae

Who says that it won't be checked? I have been writing more then 15 as the teacher suggested... 16 or 17 MAX! My writing is way too small! The question says you will be awarded upto 15 marks... Not that write 15 points... You don't have to write all of them... I mean as the marking scheme suggests... But if you got one of them wrong the other EXTRA if right will give you mark for it....

Reaction score
Yeah, it may be wrong. My teacher does the same.. she marks me correct if i get one wrong, but shes said she e-mailed the british council to ask whether the first 15 points would be checked, or all the points in the box.
They didn't reply but she tells us to stay safe and write our most important points in the first 15 as a precaution.
Plus, fitting like 18+ points in a summary is also hard.. so just to remain on the safe side I was saying.

Reaction score
yaar write 15 just do them,how are u able to extract so many points i cant extract that many try finding the most imp first then just write the ones u know are imp but not that imp and surely u wont fail,writing more can be dangerous as u have to write them in Summary which will make it long with 18 points u have to trust ur work now ;)

Reaction score
rafae said:
Ayesha and Captain.
Think about it, if you have 21 points, how are you going to fit them all in the boxes? Keep the fact in mind that if you write outside the box, you will not have enough space to finish your points.
Also, remember the fact that you cannot possibly fit 21 points in a 160 word summary.
It is a 15 mark question and 15 content points will get you 15 marks.
The number of points you write after 15 won't be checked.
So I suggest, if you want to satisfy yourself then write the important points as your first 15 then include the excess later if they can fit in the box.
thankss.....it appeals me..
its true that we can not fit too many points in that box.

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
Well my tchr too said and she contacted the examiner 4 it and they said that students can write up2 as maximum points as they can..!!
But dat doesnt mean u hve to writ 22 pts...i tried writing them in my mock and my writing was just microscopic nd the ppr was messy...!!
So write jxt 17-18 pts...4 a safe side...and use only 15 pts u think are sure of in ur summary odrwise if u try 2 write 'em all it will get lenghty and marks wont b grantd 4 wrong pts..!!
Hope it helps....==!! :mrgreen:
thank u.....atleast the administration of these exams should make these kind of issues very clear so that every candidate should have the same view.

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
rafae

Who says that it won't be checked? I have been writing more then 15 as the teacher suggested... 16 or 17 MAX! My writing is way too small! The question says you will be awarded upto 15 marks... Not that write 15 points... You don't have to write all of them... I mean as the marking scheme suggests... But if you got one of them wrong the other EXTRA if right will give you mark for it....
so we will write important one's as first first fifteen and then 3 or 4 more....
hope it goes well.

Reaction score
is summary checked for the sequence of points as presented in the script?? what if we generalize the script without caring for the order of the points?