• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Literature

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to check whether there are any others doing Eng. Lit. out there. There don't seem to be any threads pertaining to doubts or queries in literature. So this could be used as one. Perhaps we all could help each out further.

Reaction score
yes im doing english lit as well this session. which plays or books did you do for the drama paper? I did streetcar and winters tale though the last one was kind of hard for me... appreciate any help for the poems as well from the Songs of Ourselves book. Thanks

Reaction score
Ah, great. I'm doing A Passage to India, A Streetcar named Desire, An Ideal Husband and District and Circle. What novel did you take? Lol, yeah. I started studying like 3 weeks back, so I avoided Shakespeare. Need to get loads done, lol. Hmm, can't help you with Poetry. Picked D and C. But maybe someone else can.

Reaction score
Oh! I'm doing passage to india, streetcar and ideal husband too! Oh and I'm doing the poetry too... so many poems...

Reaction score
I'm doing some short stories from the Stories of Ourselves book -.- it is so boring. And there are almost no past papers to do which really sucks

Reaction score
just wondering if you guys are doing your lit papers privately? i'm giving mine in november, both years, and i haven't even started anything yet/can't find a decent teacher.

Reaction score
Hi I am giving english lit. AS in November as well! I'm studying on my own, can't find any teachers.

I have all the books but if you guys have any notes that you made yourself or your teacher gave you, can you please share them with me?

I really need help so guys, any notes, tips would be most welcome!

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
I read something that we can choose what story, or play or poem we want to. Can anyone please explain that? I thought we have to study all the poems, books, stories and plays mentioned in the AS syllabus?

Reaction score
I read something that we can choose what story, or play or poem we want to. Can anyone please explain that? I thought we have to study all the poems, books, stories and plays mentioned in the AS syllabus?
i'm pretty sure that's not the case. you have to study all of them i think, and the paper will have any one or two of the story/play/poem in it.
ps i can't find any teachers either, at least not ones that live anywhere close by or are willing to come all the way here.

Reaction score
I'm doing AS English Lit this year too! Nice to know we're not alone in our struggles!
Doing Winter's Tale, Streetcar, Passage to India (why did I choose it again?) and the Songs of Ourselves Poetry.
I'm studying on my own too. I have a tutor (who's away until 2 months before my exams. Thanks.) and reckon it'd be great if we all helped each other out... I'm loving Winter's Tale, and am a bit of a Shakespeare boffin, so what'd you like help with??
Anyone a Forster-lover? Finding PTI quite hard...