• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English literature help needed for the may/june 2012 exam!

Reaction score
Hey anyone can help me with notes for english literature?? we have the following for our syllabus:
Wuthering heights (Emily bronte)
I know why the caged birds sing ( Maya Angelou)
Julius Caesar
Tennyson poems
(In memorium,
Crossing the bars
Ulysses
Mariana
Lady of Shallot)

pls help!!!

Reaction score
tips for getting good marks in english literature will also be welcomed!
and yeah i think we have to give 2 papers 4 and 5

pls help asap :sick:

Reaction score
well coming towards Mariana by tennyson:
the natural imagery and the language helps us to empathise with her! tennyson uses the imagery of the "blackest moss the flower plots" which reflects the intensity of Mariana's hopeless attitude, the superlative of black helps in highlighting the severity of the her pessimistic attitude towards life. Although flower plots are generally used to present colour but in Mariana's life they are "thickly crusted" showing the severity of her sufferings. The dreariness of the surroundings is presented when tennyson says "the rusted nails fell from the knots." rusted is a representation of decay due to ignorance. The description of the surroundings show tht Mariana has not been taken care off for long!