• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Literature-Achieve an A*

Reaction score
Hello all,

So English literatiure exams coming up. Lets use this thread to help ourselves achieve an A*. All tips, analysis and help I find will be posted here. Plz share your notes!

Reaction score
First part of analysis is POETRY!!!!!!

So for you guys who are doing IGCSE English lit, there are tons of poems to analyse:
Here is Part 1: Songs of ourselves

110___A Different History
111___Pied Beauty
112___Continuum
113___Horses
114___Hunting Snake
115___Pike
116___A Birthday
117___The Woodspurge
118___The Cockroach
119___The City Planners
120___The Planners
121___Summer Farm

122___Where I came from

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have most of them analysed. Im still in my first year of IGCSE. And the poems that will come in my exam are 5. (idk if its the same with you all)
1. Summer Farm
2. The Woodspurge
3. Horses
4. Hunting Snake
5. The Cockroach

omg I can't believe my exams are 2 weeks away and I didn't start studying. Im so dead since I'm taking 3 sciences and Enterprise xD

Reaction score
Your'e luckier than me, I have 28 poems, 4 drama and 5 prose to analyse in 4 days! And I have english and french.

Reaction score
I have most of them analysed. Im still in my first year of IGCSE. And the poems that will come in my exam are 5. (idk if its the same with you all)
1. Summer Farm
2. The Woodspurge
3. Horses
4. Hunting Snake
5. The Cockroach

omg I can't believe my exams are 2 weeks away and I didn't start studying. Im so dead since I'm taking 3 sciences and Enterprise xD

How do you know those 5 are coming up?