• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Literature(0486) 2012 Summer paper

Reaction score
Hi, id just like to ask to those that sat the 0486 paper Summer 2012 in May/June this year.
In the poetry section, would u guys be able to remember what the passage was for Songs of Ourselves, and the character for the Great Gatsby, the character for Julius Caesar?
And also, the passage for Carol Ann Duffy for paper 5.
Thank you

Reaction score
Hi, id just like to ask to those that sat the 0486 paper Summer 2012 in May/June this year.
In the poetry section, would u guys be able to remember what the passage was for Songs of Ourselves, and the character for the Great Gatsby, the character for Julius Caesar?
And also, the passage for Carol Ann Duffy for paper 5.
Thank you

All I remember are 2 of the poems being The Grasshopper and the Cricket and First Love. Dover Beach I think might've been there too. For the Great Gatsby I don't recall the empathy question because I never did it even in practice, but the text question was something like 'how is this a great ending to Nick's account?' or something like that, and the passage was the final 2-3 pages of the book where Nick sees a 'material car' driving up to Gatsby's mansion and he talks about what the green light truly means, etc. Basically the final 4-5 paragraphs. Didn't do Julius Caesar nor Duffy so don't know about those two, sorry :/

Reaction score
Haha thanks alot. Just wondering but for the passage for songs of ourselves, u sure it wasnt out of no more aroving, sonnet 43 report to words lament annd amends? I mean the specific passage not the essay questions. For gatsby, the 2nd essay q, nt the empathy but the character essay, was it really on nick? Thanks

Reaction score
And also, i am sitting the lit paper on october so would it be possible id u cud perhaps send some essays if u hav any saved on comp to my email? [email protected] thank u