• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Language 1123/22

Reaction score
How was the paper perhaps many would say very easy!! what were the true false and cts and single word..

Reaction score
What if we exceed the summary word limit by 15 words?
there is no penalty for long answers in summary unlike task or essay your summary should not be much out of the space read page 4 of marking scheme for may june 2012 it would give you a better idea...

Reaction score
exactly same is with me the boy who is best in english in my class wrote typical some wrote exposed while some wrote rescued...
i just had a feeling that they asked about the place where such incidents were frequent rather than the people so typical or exposed might be more appropriate...

Reaction score
exactly same is with me the boy who is best in english in my class wrote typical some wrote exposed while some wrote rescued...
i just had a feeling that they asked about the place where such incidents were frequent rather than the people so typical or exposed might be more appropriate...

'Best in English', the best don't always win :D It was based on a repeating event, i.e the people before also went through that trouble. Since they passed through that so called trouble, they had to be rescued. Hence, the word is Rescue. Typical also gives an idea of repetition but it doesn't seem right for a reason ;)

Reaction score
How was the paper perhaps many would say very easy!! what were the true false and cts and single word..

I would probably lose 5 marks in passages. I haven't found many mistakes but their checking is so damn strict. What about you? :D

Reaction score
Buland Iqbal i hope that you are right but im afraid there is a very slim chance they only regard one response correct...

Reaction score
Where on earth was typical written anyway? I wrote rescue abd stuck to it cause I could a find a more appropriate word, but I had the feeling that rescue wasn't the correct word...I went over the WHOLE passage 4 times but I still don't remember seeing typical anywhere. Where was it written