• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English help!

Reaction score
my teacher keeps pointing out dat my sentence structure is weak can any one plz tell how to improve it???... :unknown:

Reaction score
Yeah ! Go through some really good novels and books. If they irritate you, try your luck with some short stories or even good children magazines ! Practice a lot though, and get it checked ! :)

Reaction score
i read a lot of novels n newspprs!!...n my sentence structure was good but since i havn't practiced eng 4 4 months dats y its weak...i guess practice wd help me b better...:)

Reaction score
Okay.

Well, learning English is pretty hard. I would suggest you do plenty of reading, books, newspapers, magazines etc,. However, if your sentence structure is really weak - I recommend buying English language/grammar books for younger classes and going through them. Vocabulary is also very important, every time you read a new word, look it up in the dictionary. If this all seems boring; try watching English movies or listening to English songs. It's important to note everything.

Don't translate.

When you want to create an English sentence, do not translate the words from your Urdu. The order of words is probably completely different and you will be both slow and incorrect by doing this. Instead, learn phrases and sentences so you don't have to think about the words you are saying. It should be automatic. You should practice speaking English as much as possible.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
(;

Reaction score
In short : keep writing.
You can only improve ur skills by writing, and implementing the techniques. To do that, the book recommended above is good. Read News paper/online news/articles or whatever u like to. Try picking the catchy phrases and use them in what u write. I did that, it works!