• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ENGLISH HELP REQUIRED !!!

Reaction score
What is the difference btw Reports and Accounts ..... tell the format difference too please ..

Reaction score
and just to be sure, there are 2 types if essays in Sec 2 right ?? one that requires opinions and argument and in the other one we just have to define the topic (which is usually one word) ?

Reaction score
Their is no difference b/w a report and account.both r the same thing.secondly there are no formats in English.format is just a way of presentation and if we don't mention it,there will be no negative marking.you have to just follow the instructions given in the task.for example task is: "start your report with dear editor and don not forget to mention your signature and date in the end". You have to simply follow the instructions,i.e, start straight away with dear editor and give your signature and date in the end. Same applies for letter!

Reaction score
Their is no difference b/w a report and account.both r the same thing.secondly there are no formats in English.format is just a way of presentation and if we don't mention it,there will be no negative marking.you have to just follow the instructions given in the task.for example task is: "start your report with dear editor and don not forget to mention your signature and date in the end". You have to simply follow the instructions,i.e, start straight away with dear editor and give your signature and date in the end. Same applies for letter!
Date & sgnature on which side like left or right & either date comes first or sgnature

Reaction score
lol dude, formats are compulsory. it shows that u identified correctly which direected writing the examiner has asked you to write. as for start with dear editor and all that. well that hasnt appeared in papers since formats became compulsory from 2009 onwards i think

Reaction score
Yup right. Formats are essential! Not only for good impression but that's what makes your composition.. a composition. Don't think of formats as a choice.

Reaction score
What is the difference btw Reports and Accounts ..... tell the format difference too please ..

A few formats are on the following thread. I had the same question lol :D
And um the diff. between account & report is that

Account: What you are writing is from what YOU see and observe. It asks that you tell about YOUR perspective. Not too many opinions but use facts, too. You can use the first person.

Report: Stick to the FACTS. Do not include yourself. Give an overview of the situation like you are just sayin' it as you see it. NO opinions or info from your mind. :)

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/english-composition-formats-anyone.14080/#post-216118

Reaction score
formats are a part of presentation but i guarantee that if you will not write the format, you will not lose even a single mark beacuse of it. GUARANTEED