• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English formats

Reaction score
Hi! :D
I have a few questions about the formats for directed writing tasks. Could someone please help me with these:
  • Should the paragraphs for reports, accounts, & statements be indented or not?
  • Is the format for statements same as reports & accounts?
  • If it's written that I should start with "To the Principal," for the report/account, should I end with "Reported/Written by:" then my name, signature, & date? Where do they have to be aligned?
  • How should I write the date? Like this: "6 May 2013"?
Thanks! :)

Reaction score
ey babygirl.
calm down and just chillax.
check the file i've attached..
if you have any problem, just pm me ;)

the file doesn't have the format for a statement, and it doesn't tell if the paragraphs should be indented & where to align the "signing off" part of on a letter/report.

Reaction score
Since when are we asked to write statements?
You don't know basic stuff wat.
For letters..
if informal, its left side
if formal, then right.

for informal, left side? are you sure? i thought i only need to be sure of the format for the reports & accounts.. if the first lines of each paragraph must have indention/space like most writings or if they're all aligned on the left like what i thought formal letters should be

Reaction score
It's the basic rule, when you start a new paragraph, you always leave some space.
i didn't mean space after paragraphs. i'm asking about indention. i meant space on the left of the first line like this:

___jsdfglasfglahrl hsfklghsg
sldkghskldfhlsdghdgesrgsdf
sklghjsdfjghrtyryuyifhfgnyu

___ jsdfglasfglahrl hsfklghsg

Reaction score
I'm sooo confused. but thats how it should be..

this line ___ in here:

___jsdfglasfglahrl hsfklghsg

is the space/"indentation" i'm talking about. i'm sorry it's should be indentation not indention.. so all writing tasks need indenting?

Reaction score
in ppr 2 secti0n 1 .. if we wrie mre than 15 p0ints w0uld hey c0unt it?:confused:
i think they wouldn't add any more marks if you exceed 15 correct content points. for section 1, the maximum score for content is 15 marks, then 5 marks for language, and the last 5 for short answer questions.