• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English AS paper 12 (how was it !)

Reaction score
guys! i have just this paper 1 of English lang it was fine. however, found lack of time yet completed paper ... Anyhow... out 3 passages :) i have done 2 and 3..

Reaction score
Same... lesser time and done the 2nd & 3rd passage.
It was awful... I wasn't prepared!! :(

Now tell me if this was ok :p

in question 2, part a, I wrote that the language was narrative.
the author (Queen Marie) sounded depressed and sad by the consequences of the world war 1 and there was no sense of humour in the passage which sounded boring :p and the vocalbury was simple and easy to understand.
she describes her vision which she had and the sounds she used to hear (e.g. shephad's horn) and she has lost hope, etc etc etc

is this the way of answering this question? i mean, are these points correct for this (a) part or do u have to include something else? :S

Reaction score
well, i did passage quick well but the third commentary on passage was horrible but anyhow managed to do (b) well. The second passage (a) and (b) were awesome.

Reaction score
yes both were narrative and written in first person view. and how many words have you written for commentary.. for second passage i have written like 450 -500 and for third passage 100 - 200 (here i found paper lengthy)...

Reaction score
Pakistan...
dude, I don't know, I didn't count the words but I filled the first comment in 2 pages and the other part (a) in one and half.
I also skipped one part (b). lost 10 marks there... :/

Reaction score
The first question was just way too difficult!I could barely find 2 points to write about so I just left it there and moved on lol
In the 2nd passage,I described how the 2 parts of the passage are so different,the onomatopoeia,word enhancers (like grand solitude),personification,alliteration and listing in how canons were compared to a death messenger etc.
the part B of the 2nd question was like a dream!Although my hand writing could of had been better but.
the 3rd passage wasn't as easy.I did describe the usage of exaggeration,nostalgic and how the writer conveyed the place as so majestic etc.Bond between the two and a couple of other elements I picked up around the passage.Part b of the 3rd passage went ok.I did manage to make the opening of the brochure conversational and used activities like hiking,fishing and sight seeing.

For EACH question I manage to fill up 2 and a half pages and hence,5 pages over all.I could of had written more perhaps but the time was really less.Took me 15 minutes to plan out the essay,35 minutes to write it and the 10 minutes to complete part B.U managed to finish it 2 minutes early but didn't get the time to proof read the entire paper sadly.

I just hope P2 would be as good.Since I am horrible when it comes to descriptive essays and the 600-900 word essays ALWAYS turns out horrible! Good luck you all!

Reaction score
Anyone attempted Q1...
and I couldn't finish the section b for the 3rd question... took more time than expected for the first question :/