• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English AS Paper 1

Reaction score
For the people doing the paper tomorrow any last tips? And do you feel ready? :wink: Good luck

Reaction score
Oh yea I am doing it tomorrow.A little nervous because my handwriting sucks BAD! And due to school and other exams,I didn't get to practice much sadly!
Just Point,example,explain during the text analysis !

Reaction score
Guys I'm so freaked out!
I have NO teachers, I have had NO tuition or any other preparation!
Don't ask me why I'm appearing.

PLEASE just let me know what to do in part A and B?
especially part A in which they ask "Comment on the style and language of the passage."

Plz answer as soon as possible, exam tomorrow! D:

Reaction score
In Paper 1, you will be given 3 passages for comment, from which you are to choose 2. The first task usually is to comment on the style and language of the passage. The first thing you do is 'Organize your Response'. Here's how... Begin by jotting down the features of the original passage which you have already identified and written about.Think about the punctuation grammar and figures of speech. Mention and extensively explain them. There is usually no word limit to this Q, only the content is taken into account.
BTW, I'm giving my exam today too. :O

Reaction score
guys how did your english paper go? i did variant 1 i think... one question was about world war 1 and the other about fishing in canada...

Reaction score
Oronkira said:
guys how did your english paper go? i did variant 1 i think... one question was about world war 1 and the other about fishing in canada...
*Gasp* I attempted the same questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well the first one was way too hard may god be with who ever attempted it xD The paper was great.I sort of didn't do too well in the #3 because i wasted too much time about the War in Romania