• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English as a 1st or 2nd language? equivalence?

Reaction score
I gave my O levels and wasn't satisfied with my result.
So I decided to give IGCSEs now.

i want you to answer me question by question please.

Q1: I had a C in English Language of O levels and have no idea if that was the first language or as a 2nd? compared to IGCSE?
Q2: Is English as a second language considered good by foreign and Pakistani universities?
Q3: Will I be able to get an equivalence with English as a second language?

Thanks.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i am not sure but i guess u must be getting cuz many take 2nd language like schools and all so i think...yes

TSZ

Reaction score
The answer to ure question 1 is that eng as a 1st lang. is harder than o-level eng and eng as a 2nd lang. is easier than o-level english. the answer to ure second answer is that it is accepted but it is better if u take eng as a 1st lang. the only advantage of taking 2nd lang. is that u have a speaking test which is seen as a gud thing. the ans. to ure 3rd question is dat u do get an equivalence by doing eng. as a 2nd lang. I'm personally doing eng. as a 2nd lang.