• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English 1st language IGCSE

Reaction score
Hello guys!So who's writing 1st lang Eng on Thursday????How are you guys preparing for it?

Reaction score
lollz... i hate writers effects.. n for direct writing i hope its a letter! they r zoo easy al7amdulillah

Reaction score
yeah a letter wud be nice....I'm good at interviews too..I'm praying that it shudnt be a news report.I hate dat!

Reaction score
I hope it is a conversation, fun and well for good marks but you can screw it up easily!
I hate composition writing....

Reaction score
Well, I think 2011 papers were mainly dialogue, interview etc...So i rele hope they don't gove reports this year for a change...or I'm dea..I hate it :p

Reaction score
Lol, there's almost no way to revise for English in my opinion. It depends a lot on talent because English is a subject which is heavily dependant on that lol. However, I'm worried not too much for English Language, but I'm really worried for English Literature because it's made for stupid people that can't think deeply... Hence when some of us go in deeply into the text, it's impossible to explain it in the way the question wants you to, hence crap grades :(

Reactions: Meg
Reaction score
guys... help me on my directed writing format... i totally confuse on all type of format...

Reaction score
lOl past paperz dont help ;)
What helpz is dancing around... getting high AND just imagining :p
n00bfi is bloody right :/ i get lost in my own stuff and i end up writing a novel worth million awardz... but dont answer the question!

Reactions: Meg
Reaction score
n00bfi is bloody right :/ i get lost in my own stuff and i end up writing a novel worth million awardz... but dont answer the question!
lol...:LOL:

Reaction score
Actually, they do. I'm giving my FLE paper by studying/practising only for 5 months. They are great help for understanding answer formats and stuff.

Reaction score
not sure about format... how to do the question?
Depends on the question. All I can say is whatever you do, in the Reading paper, be very sensitive to the questions as well as the texts and try to pick out implicit meanings in everything. Literally.

Reaction score
Well, yeah..It depends on the type of directed writing...Each type has a different format...Implicit meanings are important as Sam said...The prob is..it bcums difficult for me at times due to time pressure.tsk..Good Luck to everyone!