• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English 12 Paper Review

Reaction score
Did anyone appear for English Variant 12 today? How did it go? I thought it was easier than what I expected. The first passage in particular was very easy.

P.S- If it's not allowed to discuss, please don't. Just post how difficult was it for you.

Reaction score
It went very good.

How many marks do you think they'll deduct for neatness though? I mean, if you've excessively scribbled to the point where you had to leave a (extremely obscure) pencil apology for it at the end. I wasn't sure if we're allowed that kind of stuff so I partially erased it but I still desperately wanted the examiner to see it so I still left it legible.

God, I hope they'll let it go.

Reaction score
I ran out of time on the third one.. First one was easy, as you said. I expect 20/25 on question 1, and maybe 10/25 on third one. ^^

Oh well, i'm way better at composition anyways. I'll have to catch up my grade

Reaction score
The first passage was easy. The 2nd and 3rd ones were trickier, I did no.3.
How did you all solve 1) (a) if you could provide some pointers that would be helpful for p3.

Reaction score
Yeah question 1 was fine. But i wasted so much time in it. I read the titanic one. I knew i couldn't do this one..so i did the last one..although it didn't go that well but i was able to complete!

Reaction score
woah i dont know about that! But i think its fine...as question 1 was necessary and chose it. But why did you do the 2nd question first? lol

Reaction score
It went very good.

How many marks do you think they'll deduct for neatness though? I mean, if you've excessively scribbled to the point where you had to leave a (extremely obscure) pencil apology for it at the end. I wasn't sure if we're allowed that kind of stuff so I partially erased it but I still desperately wanted the examiner to see it so I still left it legible.

God, I hope they'll let it go.
Shouldn't be much of a problem if it's legible. My handwriting is as close as it gets to illegible still I ended up with an A in IG

Reaction score
Hey guys...what should i do for english paper 2? I mean...is there any examiner tips or something?

Reaction score
I ran out of time and couldn't complete the directed writing task. Any idea how many marks I may lose? I had written around a 100 words.