• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Engeneering or Doctory -HELP !

Reaction score
Aoa
Doing my o levels with computer,phys,chem and bio as the subjects along with the compulsory ones...
So thing is doctor or engeeneering?
Wanna do CSS !
advise me...um thinking doctory primarily beacause there are no doctors in my immediate family
But prob is i am thinking of engeeneering seriously too !

Reaction score
It depends on several factors, like what you really want to do in life and how much it pays off (in terms of salary).

If for example, you're going to work in the USA as a doc, it pays off very well (around >$150 000 = more than Rs. 5,250,000 per year) whilst an engineer gets only around $75,000 [both at starting salary].

Think well and make a wise decision. =) Good luck!

Reaction score
ummm wanna work and live in Pakistan but maybe and just maybe will go abroad
Many ppl say that Its stupid to do doctory after A levels
O levels is just abt to end so wat do i do ?
FSC or A levels?

Reaction score
It ain't 'stupid' to do the Medicine. In fact, being a physician, you will be able to work for yourself whilst being an engineer, you will have to follow orders (at your workplace). I don't find this cool, yeah?

As I told you, medicine pays off really well; twice as much as an engineer.

Besides, what does FSC mean? :S

Reaction score
Fellow of science
Its a degree after metric
its like pre-medical or pre-engineering
Are u from a diffrnt country
?

Reaction score
This is a major problem, to chose which field. It is all about your interest, because both of these field requires a lot of hard work. If you feels from inside, you really want to be doctor, you like biology, then you should go for it.
If you think, you love machines or computers, then you should go for the engineering only.

Reaction score
Like i said i wanna join the civil service after wards and my family lacks doctors !
But part of me clings to doctory

Reaction score
But you see the situation of doctors in our country its getting pitiful day by day.With so many target killings and all.yup but its your interest which is the leading factor.since part of you says doctory then do it but yes i also have heard that doctory after A levels is no use mainly because the medical university,i think deducts marks or something.ill ask and let you know later.

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
But you see the situation of doctors in our country its getting pitiful day by day.With so many target killings and all.yup but its your interest which is the leading factor.since part of you says doctory then do it but yes i also have heard that doctory after A levels is no use mainly because the medical university,i think deducts marks or something.ill ask and let you know later.
Yeah 10% marks are deducted after doing A levels!! Study HIC of pakistan :cry:

Reaction score
ITS All ant interest and whether u r competitive enuf....even if u hav a little bit interest in medicine.....then i dont think there is any better field to choose...and the field of medicine is one of the most highly rated and prestigious field in the WORLD

Reaction score
hassam said:
ITS All ant interest and whether u r competitive enuf....even if u hav a little bit interest in medicine.....then i dont think there is any better field to choose...and the field of medicine is one of the most highly rated and prestigious field in the WORLD
what about Engineering ??

Reaction score
can u chose both pre engineering and pre medical fields in a level and then apply for both admission in duhs for mbbs and engineering in ned??

Reaction score
Higher education Commision !! sorry I wasn't actually linking my question to your answer but was asking a general question to the public